• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brandon Hogan...

Donald LaFell

131 members have voted

1. 1. How do you envision Brandon Hogan...

• A starter across Gamble who will solidify the secondary...
    • I like him better than Munnerlynn, but I still want a CB Day 1
    • He's not going to work out at all.

i think hogan has potential but i don't wan't a cornerback on the first draft day because that would mean taking a corner in rd. 1 . unless claiborne slips, i wouldn't want one at pick 9. however, i do want us to go corner in rd. 2.

One of the knocks on kirkpatrick is that he never really play the ball well in the air. Its really the reason why he got burned when he did, his ball skills are pretty suspect for his height.

Ball skills really have nothing to do with getting burned though.

The reason there are questions about Dre's coverage skills are because he isn't that fluid in his turns when covering a WR. He can use his physicality but that can only take you so far.

As far as the poll, I selected "I like him better than Munnerlynn, but I still want a CB Day 1."

Not really sure If I can say for certain that he is better than Munnerlyn but he can't be much worse. Will need to see more of him. But based on promise I'd put him ahead of him. Having said that, I'm not sure I trust him fully to be our #2 CB. There are several CBs in the draft, namely Claiborne and Jenkins, who in all likelihood be upgrades and start opposite Gamble.

Munnerlyn was really good in 2010 as the slot guy and taking over the number two spot late in the season due to injuries and benchings.

He got exposed last season as a number 2 but I think he has decent ball skills and would be good in a 4th cb role, special teamer. He is good at jamming a wr at the line but it seems all the wrs in the nfc south are 6'2.. Julio Jones, Meachem, Benn, Colston, White, Mike Williams.

We cannot have enough cover guys but I lean toward a Dline guy if Mo is gone.

The reason I didn't vote in the poll is because the first option should be "A starter who will struggle at times because he's basically a rookie" and option 2 should be "I still want a CB in the draft, but whoever we pick is gonna struggle because he's a rookie."

Seriously....Revis? Everyone's he's awesome (except against Stevie Johnson). He makes up for his lack of heigth with excellent awareness n ball skills. He's also got nice safety's behind him I believe.

2 things... 5'10 is pretty average height for majority of CBs... and "Revis Island" doesn't imply safety help...

had one really good play last year, got burned a time or two i think, but too limited to make any solid decision.

give him his chance in camp but I think it'd be a mistake to ink him in as #2 and not try to upgrade the position.

I don't remember him getting burned at all... I remember Brees completed 2 perfectly thrown passes with incredibly tight coverage by Hogan.. That's why Drew Brees is Drew Brees. His ability in man coverage gave me the impression we have a legit starter that we found in the 4th round..

The thing about Munnerlyn aside from just being small, slow, and bad. He had bricks for hands. Occasionally he would get himself in position to make a play and he couldn't catch the ball. We need game altering turnovers. We don't need to be tops in the league but at least top 15 in turnovers.

Hogan started out as a receiver in college

definitely not enough information to form anything other than a speculative opinion at this juncture

coupled with we do not have a beat writer or anyone else except NJ panther with ties to the team that could feed us information on his progress.

I don't remember him getting burned at all... I remember Brees completed 2 perfectly thrown passes with incredibly tight coverage by Hogan.. That's why Drew Brees is Drew Brees. His ability in man coverage gave me the impression we have a legit starter that we found in the 4th round..

I do not remember the play anymore but I was fairly certain he got beat once or twice for huge gains. Considering how frequently it happened to us overall I didn't exactly mark the play down but I am fairly certain he had a couple miscues in coverage. Perhaps I am wrong, but I don't think so.

i think hogan has potential but i don't wan't a cornerback on the first draft day because that would mean taking a corner in rd. 1 . unless claiborne slips, i wouldn't want one at pick 9. however, i do want us to go corner in rd. 2.

This is how I feel. Honestly if we could pick up a talented CB in the econd then I would be all for drafting Cox or Brockers if we think that could happen.

I do not remember the play anymore but I was fairly certain he got beat once or twice for huge gains. Considering how frequently it happened to us overall I didn't exactly mark the play down but I am fairly certain he had a couple miscues in coverage. Perhaps I am wrong, but I don't think so.

I'm pretty sure we are talking about the same 2 plays.. you'll have to be more specific. He only played in 3 games, there are only a handful to recall from memory.

Archived