• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TSN blurb on what's next for Peppers

NanceUSMC

The bolded point was refering to other teams I believe.

For a team with a front office and/or coaching staff feeling the heat to win now, they essentially can have their first-round pick and trade it, too. Really, why worry about a draft pick to be used in April 2010 if there's a good chance that house will be cleaned in January?

Read it in this context.

I highly doubt that Fox and or Hurney are going anywhere unless its of their own choosing....

Anyway, as it looks now, our team is stacked so there really shouldnt be any reason that we arent competing for the division crown and homefield advantage again.

The thing you underlined and bolded is suggesting Hurney and Fox might be gone in January. I say we yank the tender and let him walk.

No that isn't what it said. It is saying that a team that is afraid they might be gone if they don't do something right away wouldn't mind trading for Peppers given we would get the picks in 2010 and 2011. They wouldn't be worrying about years from now.

Fox and Hurney are going nowhere despite what some folks would like.

I highly doubt that Fox and or Hurney are going anywhere unless its of their own choosing....

Anyway, as it looks now, our team is stacked so there really shouldnt be any reason that we arent competing for the division crown and homefield advantage again.

This.

No that isn't what it said. It is saying that a team that is afraid they might be gone if they don't do something right away wouldn't mind trading for Peppers given we would get the picks in 2010 and 2011. They wouldn't be worrying about years from now.

Fox and Hurney are going nowhere despite what some folks would like.

Read it again because you are wrong.

If we have a bad season..Like below .500, Fox is probaly gone. I see hurney sticking aroud he has drafted great. We have the money to sign our picks...it is why restructured Delhomme's contract. only the 53 man roster counts, Pratice squad doesnt. I see some more cap saving cuts coming this week

I dont see Fox or Hurney going anywhere unless we dont make the playoffs this year. If we dont then all bets are off. IMO Fox will go before Hurney though. With that said Im sure pep will sign his tender but im not sure of much else.

I dont see Fox or Hurney going anywhere unless we dont make the playoffs this year. If we dont then all bets are off. IMO Fox will go before Hurney though. With that said Im sure pep will sign his tender but im not sure of much else.

They're not just a person that doesnt know this team.

Read it again because you are wrong.

Bottom line is anyone who thinks that Fox and Hurney will be gone no matter what their record this year are wrong. So even if he said what you think he did, it doesn't matter. Peppers will be gone long before Fox or Hurney are.

And for what it is worth, I still think I am right. But again does it matter? Unless this guy's last name is Richardson, what he says doesn't mean squat.

Whatever fate is in store for either of them, I don't believe we should see, say, for example a 4-12 season, and people chomping at the bit on here to make excuses and cop outs for both of them.

Nobody should be untouchable here. If Fox/Hurney can get us to the playoffs, hell if they can get us to .500 or better, they can get another shot. Expanding on that thought about "untouchable" that's exactly part of the gripe with Delhomme, though not to change the subject, but I don't want to see an utter failure and no repercussions for poor performance.

Archived