• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera: We Would Have Drafted Coples To Play Dt If Kuechly Wasn't There

CatMan72

On WFNZ, Rivera just said we would have drafted Coples to play DT if Kuechly wasn't there.

I can see this, think Chris Canty.

When Rivera went down the list of DT's, he mentioned Cox last. Not sure if this was the order in which they had them rated, but it certainly sounded like it.

but...

"Ron Rivera and I talk about this all the time and we look at each other and say 'Are we missing something?' because you hear from the national media, from everywhere, that we need a defensive tackle. The two of us feel really good about the players we have at defensive tackle. You mention Ron Edwards, you mention the two 3rd round picks Fua and McClain. I think the guy that we are really excited about that doesn't really get much recognition is Frank Kearse. He's a 6'5 330 lbs DT that was a rookie last year that we got off of Miami's practice squad. He went to Alabama A&M and he has the ability to play a role for us inside. Then we have Andre Neblett who has done nothing but make plays for us for two years after we got him as a rookie FA from Temple. We don't have the big names, but we feel like we've got a pretty good selection of guys that may bring different skill sets that will make our DT position pretty goo

You guys should listen to me more often. :D :D :D :D

This is pretty much what I was saying leading up to the draft when I narrowed down our list to Keuchly or Coples. Granted I went with Coples because of his versatility on the D-line as my prediction but I had Keuchly and Coples as 1A and 1B and pretty much flipped a coin for my prediction.

*pats self on back*

*self high five*

*internet genius*

LK is/was the safer of the two picks who are clearly the top defensive players in the draft not named Morris Claiborne. Cope's plus was his upside and LK's was his solid and steady game tape.

We may not have gotten the "better" player in the end but I think we would have taken a much bigger gamble to get him.

time will tell. I'm happy regardless.

You guys should listen to me more often. :D :D :D :D

This is pretty much what I was saying leading up to the draft when I narrowed down our list to Keuchly or Coples. Granted I went with Coples because of his versatility on the D-line as my prediction but I had Keuchly and Coples as 1A and 1B and pretty much flipped a coin for my prediction.

*pats self on back*

*self high five*

*internet genius*

Would have gotten more attention if you tweeted it and said it was from a source.

Archived