• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Patrick Ewing To Interview For Bobcats Job

ewing-jordan.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1274801621521

Ewing, an assistant coach for the Orlando Magic, will interview with the Jordan-owned Charlotte Bobcats for their head coaching position, once the Magic's playoff run is over, Yahoo Sports reports. (The Magic, face elimination Tuesday night in Indianapolis).

Ewing and Jordan are not only Hall of Famers but longtime friends, so a possible working relationship is not a surprise. As CBSSports.com's Matt Moore notes, Ewing has openly lobbied for positions including the Knicks gig when it came available.

Last month, the Bobcats announced they would not renew coach Paul Silas' contract after the team finished 7-59 this season for the worst winning percentage in league history (.106).

If Ewing gets the gig, he has his work cut out for him. The Bobcats were last in the league in scoring and shooting percentage and lost 22 games by 20 or more points.

Golden State Warriors assistant Mike Malone, current assistant Stephen Silas and former Blazers coach Nate McMillan have also been rumored as candidates for the job.

http://www.cbsnews.c...d-coaching-job/

Meh...

I dont know if I'd like this or not. Ewing just doesn't seem like a head coach to me. I don't think he's done a great job on D. Howard. Howard is still limited offensively, and he was supposed to be helping with that. Oh well, I trust Cho knows what he's doing when it comes to stuff like this.

Meh...

I dont know if I'd like this or not. Ewing just doesn't seem like a head coach to me. I don't think he's done a great job on D. Howard. Howard is still limited offensively, and he was supposed to be helping with that. Oh well, I trust Cho knows what he's doing when it comes to stuff like this.

dwight will never be nearly as skilled [offensively] as patrick ewing was imo. he lacks finesse and has a terrible shooting stroke. dwight would be better off with shaq as a mentor... a lot more similarities in their games. too bad shaq hates him.

Heard on espn and wfnz today that MJ is going to have a hands on approach to finding the next coach and there was no mention of cho. I heard that MJ plans to interview a fuging assistant coach at st johns, too.

Man this is getting more and more embarrassing by the week and I love it.

Jordan has a prime opportunity to make a good coaching decision and move this franchise forward. I hope that he does not stick with his MO and hire one of his buddies.

Another disaster like Sam Vincent would set this team back even further.

Archived