• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game Of Thrones Grown Up Talk. Do Not Enter Unless You Have Finished All The Books

Kurb

Duuude...where have you been?

http://quartermaester.info/

This one is great though it doesn't go to the extent of Yi Ti and the Golden Empire of the Dawn. 

The Red Waste can't be where it's depicted in that map.  Didn't Dany cross the Red Waste to get to Mereen? 

Edit: or maybe she was going to Qarth.  In any case it looks like she went around her ass to get to her elbow.

The Red Waste can't be where it's depicted in that map.  Didn't Dany cross the Red Waste to get to Mereen? 

Edit: or maybe she was going to Qarth.  In any case it looks like she went around her ass to get to her elbow.

It looks about right to me, but I wouldn't think Qarth would be that far south. That's not how I think the continent is shaped at all.

It looks about right to me, but I wouldn't think Qarth would be that far south. That's not how I think the continent is shaped at all.

This IMO is the most accurate map (GRRM approved).  It includes the red waste and beyond:

World_Of_Ice_And_Fire.jpg

And my edited version with a tGEotD theory mapped into it:

post-180-0-61964000-1431302980_thumb.jpg

I just read the First Law trilogy. If you like ASOFAI I think you may like it. Has some gritty realism with several flawed heroes.

It is not as good and doesn't have quite as many holy poo moments. But a real good read

I had to dig this up... I'm STRUGGLING to get through book 1... For some reason I just am pretty disinterested in the characters at this point... I'm about 350 or so pages in but it has taken a couple months to get that far. I don't know if it is because my time to read has been so limited and sporadic, but man... I hope it picks up soon. I'm more interested, at this point, in Bethod's champion that we got a limited glimpse of, and the chick wandering through the desert with Yulwei... But both of those characters have had maybe 20 pages between them. Please tell me it gets better...

On a related note, and I think you mentioned Rothfuss in this thread and elsewhere, but I did read The Slow Regard For Silent Things earlier and the year and absolutely loved it. It's no Kvothe stuff, but it is really good for what it is...

Anyway... back to GoT in this thread

I had to dig this up... I'm STRUGGLING to get through book 1... For some reason I just am pretty disinterested in the characters at this point... I'm about 350 or so pages in but it has taken a couple months to get that far. I don't know if it is because my time to read has been so limited and sporadic, but man... I hope it picks up soon. I'm more interested, at this point, in Bethod's champion that we got a limited glimpse of, and the chick wandering through the desert with Yulwei... But both of those characters have had maybe 20 pages between them. Please tell me it gets better...

On a related note, and I think you mentioned Rothfuss in this thread and elsewhere, but I did read The Slow Regard For Silent Things earlier and the year and absolutely loved it. It's no Kvothe stuff, but it is really good for what it is...

Anyway... back to GoT in this thread

It definitely does pick up. Hang with it. Book 1 is kind of a big prelude that sets up the events of book 2 and 3.

Fenris the Feared is a badass, but doesn't get a lot of book time, but when he does it is pretty awesome. Fenris comes more into play in book 3

Ferro is a BIG part of the books. She is an important character and is also tough as hell in her own right. She is a major player, and her role increases

Characters like Glotka, Logan, and Jezal all become increasingly more interesting as you get to know them and as they develop. Jezal in particular.

Logan is one of my favorite book characters of all time. Stick with him, he is a certified badass. I would talk more about him, but don't want to post any spoilers

• 2 weeks later...

FYI casting calls, some of them, are out for Season 6...

The most interesting and prominent character sounds like Victarion or Euron... That is a good sign.

There are others that sound like Samwell's family... so that is rather interesting of note... Maybe the Tarly's end up being bigger players in the books than they have been at this point...

FYI casting calls, some of them, are out for Season 6...

The most interesting and prominent character sounds like Victarion or Euron... That is a good sign.

There are others that sound like Samwell's family... so that is rather interesting of note... Maybe the Tarly's end up being bigger players in the books than they have been at this point...

After seeing the casting calls and remembering stannis' talk with Sam about his dad this season it makes sense

Archived