• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game Of Thrones Grown Up Talk. Do Not Enter Unless You Have Finished All The Books

Kurb

• 8 months later...

yeah, I think it is implied that pretty much all the Starks have the warg trait in their blood... as do others in the realm...

I almost think that the Targaryens of old also had the ability, and warged into their dragons...

yeah, I think it is implied that pretty much all the Starks have the warg trait in their blood... as do others in the realm...

I almost think that the Targaryens of old also had the ability, and warged into their dragons...

Incorrect good sir. The Targaryens controlled their dragons using magic. Like the horn 'dragonbinder' currently in the possession of Victarion Greyjoy. I believe that horn will ultimately be sounded by Daenerys because the horn is inscribed with these words: "I am Dragonbinder, No Mortal man should sound me and live, Blood for Fire, Fire for Blood"

Daenerys is not a mortal man.

Incorrect good sir. The Targaryens controlled their dragons using magic. Like the horn 'dragonbinder' currently in the possession of Victarion Greyjoy. I believe that horn will ultimately be sounded by Daenerys because the horn is inscribed with these words: "I am Dragonbinder, No Mortal man should sound me and live, Blood for Fire, Fire for Blood"

Daenerys is not a mortal man.

She is mortal. Remember, she had her hands burned by Drogon. Her immunity to fire is up in the air as of ADWD.

She is mortal. Remember, she had her hands burned by Drogon. Her immunity to fire is up in the air as of ADWD.

That isn't what I meant. Remember the LOTR books when that girl kills Sauron's guy? He said he couldn't be killed by a man, and he was right; he got killed by a woman. Same holds true here. The horn can't be blown by a mortal man (the one guy who blew it for Euron Greyjoy died because he was burned from the inside out). Strictly speaking, Daenerys can blow the horn and live because she is a mortal woman.

Great thread. Ive read all the books that are out - what is the ETA for the remaining books?

lol... years and years probably... The show will probably even catch up and pass the books...

Originally there were only going to be 2 more books, but I think GRRM's been quoted as saying there might have to be an 8th book...

There are a couple... maybe several... chapters that have been released from The Winds of Winter (the next book)... If you haven't found them yet you should check them out...

lol he's signed on as a writer for HBO shows now so maybe that delays the books even further... who knows?

The only comfort I take is that the show's producers are in the loop and have been given most of the important details... So, if something does happen to GRRM, maybe the show can just finish out the series...

Archived