• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Patrick Willis Responds To Jon Beason's Comments About Alex Smith

Brokenbad

True, although it is definitely an unwritten rule in the NFL for QBs to not talk crap about other QBs. It is about the same as a player using another player's name when talking about getting a new contract. I doubt any of the players are upset but I'm sure most players think what Smith did was pretty lame.

Smith didn't need to mention Newton's name. But he didn't really talk crap about him, he was just trying to think of a good example. He failed hard considering we didn't fit his criteria. But I don't think it was smack talk.

If "wins are wins" then how did The Golden Calf of Bristol get traded?

Because they managed to sign one of the best QBs in NFL history? Kurt Warner will go to the Hall of Fame and he was replaced several times in his career.

Link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8295d188/article/niners-willis-defends-alex-smith-i-stand-with-my-qb?module=HP11_headline_stack

Boo hoo, must be really tough "earning" six "hard wins" against the Seahawks, Cardinals, and Rams.

Sure, maybe the had a great season last year, but the number of wins, and certainly Alex Smith's stats, would be different if San Fran played in the NFC South.

Alex Smith was not even sniffing Cam's jock in stats when competing in the NFC West.

Willis' statements are those of a professional and a team player.

Alex Smith doesn't play in the NFC South so I'm not sure where you're going with that. But what we do know is the 49ers beat the Bucs 48-3 in the regular season and they beat the Saints** 36-32 in the playoffs.

And you further prove Smith's original point with your last comment. Smith is trying to win games, not throw for the most yards in the NFL.

Smith didn't need to mention Newton's name. But he didn't really talk crap about him, he was just trying to think of a good example. He failed hard considering we didn't fit his criteria. But I don't think it was smack talk.

“I could absolutely care less on yards per game,” Smith said. “I think that is a totally overblown stat because if you’re losing games in the second half, guess what, you’re like the Carolina Panthers and you’re going no-huddle the entire second half. Yeah, Cam Newton threw for a lot of 300-yard games. That’s great. You’re not winning, though.”

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/05/23/alex-smiths-mantra-stats-are-for-losers/

Actually he did, he took a shot at Newton. Also he trolled the Panthers. We weren't playing catch up every game in the 4th let alone the whole 2nd half, as we held 4th quarter leads in several of our losses. Smith state below also-

“We’re up in the third and fourth quarter and naturally you’re going to be in four-minute offense,” Smith said. “You’re going to be grinding it out. You’re going to be running the ball a lot more and you’re not going to have as many 300-yard passing games.”

Smith mixed in facts with false statements to make him not look bad, because his ego took a hit when his HC went after Manning.

Archived