• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

From ESPN, the Future of Julius Peppers

Yes, I hate myself for posting this, you all will hate me for posting this, but, I have a subscription and thought I would share.

I can dream.....

The future of Julius Peppers

Julius Peppers | Panthers

Via Pro Football Talk, we learn that Julius Peppers will reportedly skip mini-camp.

While players do somewhat regularly skip mini-camp, the fact that Peppers has made it known repeatedly he'd like out of Carolina, coupled with the fact that the Panthers drafted DE Everette Brown last week, makes it another move in the ongoing drama between arguably the league's freakiest athlete and his career-long squad.

So, where to?

The Pats keeps getting floated, but it's nearly impossible logistically for that to happen.

An interesting point is made here in that, while the 49ers will probably stay out of the remaining big-time 'I wanna be traded' guys, Peppers would be a good fit there for a few reasons: salary cap, and the familiarity of the GMs with each other.

It should be noted that Peppers held out of mini-camp in the 2007 season as well.

This might not be possible logistically either, but Patrick Kerney is a little banged up for the Seahawks, so perhaps that team would be interested in a fierce DE as they enter a psuedo-rebuilding period with Jim Mora.

2 things...

1) peppers won't go there and wouldn't agree to anything that could send him there

2) panthers can't trade him or really discuss it until he signs the tender (which he wouldn't do if the panthers were going to try and send him there)

it would be a wasted effort on everyone's part

Archived