• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Otah Knee OK after MRI

panther4life

What a pussay. Steve Smith scored a TD with a broken arm and still celebrated after it. Otah makes me imagine a soccer player taking a dive the moment he touches the field.

Probably because Steve Smith is the closest thing to God you are going to find on the football field.

And we're not going to include anything about cheerleaders and what you might/could/want to do with them.

i wouldn't worry too much guys. we are only tied to him for one more year, and its not like we can really use that money toward nething else at this point.

since we'll have a late 20's to early 30s pick next year we'll probably snag a OT there.

I WANT to support him but bejeez!! Jeff, is it the weight or genetics or what?!?!?!? We want you to succeed but it seems it will never happen. I got a threesome of Krishnas to pray for his ass last year at Charlotte Douglas Intl on my way to Dallas. My patience is gone. Produce or go home.

Back and hip are worse, Knee is the best of the three. Especially when its just cartilage.

No Sh&t, Snake. If his knee is bothering him then WTF Jeff? Let us know when your back and hip go out. If his knee is the lowest common denominator, then bring on Bell.

It's a good thing he had the MRI done bc he did have swelling and they needed to see if there was damage. If he had reinjured it, practicing more would have been stupid.

Trying to fight through the pain in the offseason is stupid. That being said, it is a bad omen to have swelling this early on. And it does seem that Otah has been content to sit out even during the regular season instead of fighting through it.

At this point, I think the coaching staff is rolling with Byron Bell and hoping he progresses. He doesn't have the talent of Otah, but I am doubtful Otah will be healthy on an extended basis.

Cutting Otah is still foolish. The Panthers can't get a comparable backup of his caliber for probably any less than they will pay him.

Let's hope for the 5% chance a miracle happens and Otah can play this year. He is a good player when he can play.

If he gets seriously hurt again, the team can injury settlement/waive him during camp and move on.

Realistically Otah will probably be here one last year as a backup and a sad example of how injury can derail a promising career. I won't call him soft, bc he is the one that has to live with his body years from now. Still, it sucks to think of all of the unfulfilled football potential.

Good point about TD, but you know TD will only give up when he physically can't go anymore, not just bc he has some pain.

The difference between Thomas Davis and Jeff Otah though is you can tell TD lives to play football and Otah doesn't. No judgement here but that is the truth. You tell in interviews how badly TD wants to be out there.

Otah has never come across that way in interviews. For him I think it is a job. He does it well when he's out there, but other than the money aspect of it I don't think he would miss football at all.

Hey, most of us feel that way about our jobs too truth be told. But in sports, i think it rare to reach greatness without really loving the sport. Barry Sanders comes to mind as an exception. I don't think Julius Peppers only views football as a job, but you can tell he doesn't have the passion that Steve Smith or Jake Delhomme had.

Archived