• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jon Beason willing to move to OLB for Team

redbuddha

To add to what he said... and I think he's implying it and just didn't say it... Is that "from what we hear" about Luke being better playing the pass, then it should almost be a relative foregone conclusion that he will play the Will, especially considering this post I just quoted.

55 is also assuming we run the traditional

JJ 43 which is unknown....but he is right with his take if we do

I think our defense is going to be SICK regardless. Won't be surprised to see the 3-4 sprinkled in just to give teams fits! I think our defense will be a huge story line all season long. I can just hear the reporters now...

reporter: "Ron, how did you get this team to turn it around so quickly on Defense after sucha a horrible year last year"

Ron: "Well, we just had to take the next step, having guys healthy, good solid draft, and the coaching staff has worked really hard to get these guys ready"

Then I can see him smirking with a hard on as he leaves the interview! (no homo)

It would be a huge mistake to move Beason outside. He is not as effective there as MLB. He is a top 3 or 5 MLB in the league. Keuchly should move to strongside and move Anderson to weakside. Makes more sense having our best cover LB at SLB.

I think our defense is going to be SICK regardless. Won't be surprised to see the 3-4 sprinkled in just to give teams fits! I think our defense will be a huge story line all season long. I can just hear the reporters now...

reporter: "Ron, how did you get this team to turn it around so quickly on Defense after sucha a horrible year last year"

Ron: "Well, we just had to take the next step, having guys healthy, good solid draft, and the coaching staff has worked really hard to get these guys ready"

Then I can see him smirking with a hard on as he leaves the interview! (no homo)

I think if healthy, Rivera has enough parts to work with the front 7. Doesn't mean we couldn't improve in certain areas....

Real concern remains CBs and S play against the pass

It would be a huge mistake to move Beason outside. He is not as effective there as MLB. He is a top 3 or 5 MLB in the league. Keuchly should move to strongside and move Anderson to weakside. Makes more sense having our best cover LB at SLB.

I personally don't think it would be a good step forward to have all three of our starting LB's playing new positions unless we want the D to look like last years D looked. Anderson should stay at Sam, Beason at Mike, and Kuechly at Will, barring some issues with Beason's health.

I personally don't think it would be a good step forward to have all three of our starting LB's playing new positions unless we want the D to look like last years D looked. Anderson should stay at Sam, Beason at Mike, and Kuechly at Will, barring some issues with Beason's health.

Beason and Luke don't really have time invested into the D we will be running. Anderson is the only one with a year invested in the scheme an that was a vanilla/tread water version of it

I think if healthy, Rivera has enough parts to work with the front 7. Doesn't mean we couldn't improve in certain areas....

Real concern remains CBs and S play against the pass

agreed to an extent. We have two rookies that imo will be good enough... With a front 7 like that our seconday might actually be ok. We can't afford any injuries back there though. Our defense is gonna be nasty. I'm talking blitzing schemes, everything

not if you can throttle the run and put the QB on his ass

Stopping the run doesn't mean what it did years ago...

Secondary will need to be better. Need turnovers from that group IMO. Also, better job with cover assignments. Pressure doesn't solve all the secondary issues we have seen in recent times

Stopping the run doesn't mean what it did years ago...

Secondary will need to be better. Need turnovers from that group IMO. Also, better job with cover assignments. Pressure doesn't solve all the secondary issues we have seen in recent times

No, not all. But a lot. Everyone needs to step up in the secondary. Hopefully its not as big of a step as it looks like it needs to be based on last year's tape though.

He was willing to move before, and that was for Dan Connor.

Kuechly's better than Connor. No reason to believe he wouldn't move this time too.

How is Kuechly better than Connor already? Didn't Connor have 25 tackles in the super bowl? Injuries screwed up his career but Connor was pretty fuging good when healthy.

Archived