• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your opinion: The worst way to die

Brokenbad

Getting hung up while scuba diving. Knowing you have X amount of air, and knowing what was going to happen when it hits 0 PSI.

It probably is bad to me because I dive, and it's very possible.

If that happened, just remove your regulator and take a deep breath. Go quicker.

And, I am an avid diver too.

Talking about a body part, not a part of the dive gear.

Like a rock, or part of a ship slipping onto you.

Had a friend that was taking the props off of a 56 Jarrett Bay, and it slid off and nailed him in the chest. Was stuck down there, and couldn't get it off.

His wrench was long enough that he just started tapping the bottom of the boat hoping that someone would come on the boat and hear him. Just so happened that the detail guy come aboard a while later and couldn't figure out the tapping, so he investigated.

Finally figured it was coming from beneath, and dove in. Found the dude down there and was able to get the prop off a little later. Not having an ipod with him saved my friends life.

Ive knowna couple of people who have been drowned and resuccitated... They said once you get the fluid in your lungs its actually quite peaceful and you just sort of fade.

That's crazy. If it is, then I'd want to drown.

I always wondered what it's like to go while you sleep? Some say it's the most peaceful way, what if it's the most painful? We don't know what it feels like, you know what I mean?

Well as someone who has technically died and been revived mid helicopter ride to the icu, I'd have to say in a hospital icu next to a room where the kid wasn't as lucky meanwhile lying with a breathing tube and a heart rate of 30 bpm. It was quite an altering experience

Guest Bwood

@Ivan nope...pain at first to numbness to disorientation to fading-out to peaceful non-ness then a fade-in wake up to a nurse replacing the iv

What happened?

What happened?

I was younger and celebratory birthday style stupid...it was an incredibly irresponsible/life-altering situation.

And you wayy older guys can judge me; I learned my lesson in the worst possible way:

Me and my close group of friends were partying for my birthday and during poker we were passing around straight bourbon and canadian mist. During a hand, I didn't respond to the flop and they realized I wasn't responsive and completely limp with my eyes still open. They luckily are amazing friends (1 was a former paramedic) and got me water, were making sure I was breathing and got me in a car then started driving like fuggin hell.

During the ride, they couldn't tell through my wrist or neck if I had a pulse so had to rip open my shirt and check through my chest...which was still near impossible.

After an hour ride to meet an ambulance in the middle of nowhere, the medics read no pulse...they got me hooked up to all the gadgets...a breathing tube, my bac was .39 (this was after roughly 1 1/2 hrs of no drinking)...I was unconscious and after somehow reviving me (I was apparently officially "gone" for like 5-10 minutes) I was carried in the helicopter going in and out of consciousness.

I woke up in ICU next to a kid younger than me in a coma with his family deciding if they wanted to donate his organs and meanwhile I was 2,000 miles away from home with a group of like 8. My heart-rate was still incredibly low and they honestly thought I wasn't gonna make it. That was a game-changer and made me think of everything in a new way. Turned the negatives into das positives.

Archived