• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huddle Workout Warriors

Darth Biscuit

• 2 weeks later...

So I fell at work today because I'm a super clutz. I think I tore something or broke my foot. It is huge, throbbing and I can't walk. The first thought I had after my fall was "I better be able to fuging work out tonight. "

Now I'm not sure I'll be working out for a while :(

So I fell at work today because I'm a super clutz. I think I tore something or broke my foot. It is huge, throbbing and I can't walk. The first thought I had after my fall was "I better be able to fuging work out tonight. "

Now I'm not sure I'll be working out for a while :(

Damn Cat, that sucks... did you go to the Dr?

I thought creatine was suppose to give you energy while in the gym. I started to not feel any sort of boost and after not taking it one day I almost felt MORE energy. You think I should just keep using it? Maybe double the dosage?

if you double the dosage, double your water intake. that poo will ruin your kidneys if you are not careful.

This is why I don't research. One thing says black, one thing says white.

I thought I could ask someone that knows what they're doing for some advice but I guess thats too much to ask haha. 

to answer your question. I like 1.m.r.  they have changed it to 1mr vortex now and it's not quite as good.  However your only take a really small scoop instead of two huge ones with most.  I saw it at Wal-Mart for twenty bucks.  I usually get mine at vitamin shoppe but will move to Wal-Mart next time I suppose.  The new "formula" does taste much better though.  

• 1 month later...

Have any of you experienced pain next to your breastbone after exercising?  I don't lift very much, I usually do cardio with some light lifting.  On Tuesday, I did some dumbell shoulder exercises (15lbs) where you lift your arms in front of you and to the side parallel.  The last couple of days the areas just to the left of my sternum towards the bottom has been sore to the touch.  It doesn't hurt when I breathe or when I run.  But when I touch it is tender.  I havea little tendernessontheright side as well just not as bad.

In the last couple of months I have had blood work done, EKG's, and have had my doctor and a cardiologist examine me and my heart is fine.  Did these test becauseI'm 41 and wanted to make sure that everyhting is in working order.  So I'm not concerned about it being heart related. 

I'm not new to exercise.  I played DI Baseball and spent 4 years in the Army.  This, however, is new to me. Like I said it only hurts when I touch it, put pressure on it (I know, I know, don't touch). I ran 3 miles this morning and my heart didn't kill me.

Common, normal?  Anyone else dealt with this?

Thanks

Protein is protein. You just need to consume enough protein to rebuild your muscles after you lift weights. Your body doesn't know the difference. 90% of the stuff in protein powders is nonsense. If you're just getting in to lifting, you need to be getting your protein from food, not powders. 

Creatine slightly increases your muscular endurance, so that instead of getting ten reps on your third set, you might get eleven. These add up over the course of years. It is not a steroid. You will add water weight. 

Depending on your height and frame 30 pounds of lean mass (I'm assuming you don't want to turn into a fatass) is going to take several years and dedicated training. 

Dont worry about powders. Squat and eat chicken. 

• 4 weeks later...

Did everyone give up? I've moved and now live in open range area. Once it snowed enough to stay I went on my midnight run wearing five fingers.  the guy that grazes called me, I'm the only one living on this four mile stretch, to tell me there was footprints from some nut job out there walking barefoot. 

On October 25, 2015 at 12:04:16 PM, Jimmy said:

Have any of you experienced pain next to your breastbone after exercising?  I don't lift very much, I usually do cardio with some light lifting.  On Tuesday, I did some dumbell shoulder exercises (15lbs) where you lift your arms in front of you and to the side parallel.  The last couple of days the areas just to the left of my sternum towards the bottom has been sore to the touch.  It doesn't hurt when I breathe or when I run.  But when I touch it is tender.  I havea little tendernessontheright side as well just not as bad.

In the last couple of months I have had blood work done, EKG's, and have had my doctor and a cardiologist examine me and my heart is fine.  Did these test becauseI'm 41 and wanted to make sure that everyhting is in working order.  So I'm not concerned about it being heart related. 

I'm not new to exercise.  I played DI Baseball and spent 4 years in the Army.  This, however, is new to me. Like I said it only hurts when I touch it, put pressure on it (I know, I know, don't touch). I ran 3 miles this morning and my heart didn't kill me.

Common, normal?  Anyone else dealt with this?

Thanks

Did you grow up really skinny? If you follow your chest down to where your ribs meet in the middle is there a bony object? Don't press too hard but it'll feel like a ball

Archived