• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sporting News...6 Playoff Teams Who Won't Be Back

rayzor

the whole NFC West is weak argument never dies...and it makes me laugh!!!!

The Hawks will win the NFC West this year...remember where you heard it first.

3 out of 4 teams in the nfc west were in the bottom 10 o the NFL last year...half of the division was in the bottom 5...yeah, weak division comments are kind of deserved.

i won't argue the possibility of seahawks taking the division but i don't see any of the teams as being powerhouses next year.

the whole NFC West is weak argument never dies...and it makes me laugh!!!!

The Hawks will win the NFC West this year...remember where you heard it first.

I like you Hawk, but the NFCW has been weak for years, and as rayzor said the opinion of that is not without it's facts to back it up.

agreed...that wasn't really my point...but on that same note...the NFC South hasn't been a major power house either. As weak as the west has been, they've also been representing too...couple super bowl appearances in there. My original point of bringing it up is that I hear it all the time...and I'm pretty much convinced that neither I or the Hawks have any control over it and we'll take it as long as we can, just like any other team would!

agreed...that wasn't really my point...but on that same note...the NFC South hasn't been a major power house either. As weak as the west has been, they've also been representing too...couple super bowl appearances in there. My original point of bringing it up is that I hear it all the time...and I'm pretty much convinced that neither I or the Hawks have any control over it and we'll take it as long as we can, just like any other team would!

Considering that I'm 8 hours from Seattle, I won't mind seeing the 'Hawks have a rebound season.

I can see Arizona, Minnesota, and the Miami Dolphins not making it back.

But the Chargers not making it back? who's gonna stop them KC? um no, Denver? um no again, and the Raiders??? seriously the Raiders?

Exactly.

I think an argument could really be made for those teams not making it except for one: San Diego. The Chargers are not necessarily a better team than the other five that made the list, but they are certainly better than the other three teams in their division.

Now granted, there are surprises every year. But I don't see how anyone could pick any of those other three teams to win that division. The only one close would be the Broncos, and they put themselves out of the playoffs with Cutler. Kansas City and Oakland have a lot of talent on their rosters, but I don't think they're primed to make a move yet.

I guess it's just become trendy to think teams will make the playoffs after having horrible seasons. It happens (see Miami and Atlanta, last year), but it's not always likely. How could you not pick San Diego to win the division next year?

It's fairly common for the Super Bowl loser to follow up with a lousy season.

That said, it's a valid point that the Cardinals are a good team in an awful division.

The 49ers might play better this year but thats a toss up at best. I think Seahawks have a chance but they do have Lewis as there DB coach.

I think SF having Singletary out of the gate this year will help them win that division, 9-7. Arizona has always been a doormat, and had a fluke last year. Why do I think it was a fluke? Because right after they got rid of their OC and DC, which means new terminology all around, not to mention losing a couple key defensive guys, and Boldin really wanting to be gone. That's just my two cents, but I think SF could really take that division next year, with a fairly weak record.

I was just surprised we weren't on that list anyhow.

Exactly.

I think an argument could really be made for those teams not making it except for one: San Diego. The Chargers are not necessarily a better team than the other five that made the list, but they are certainly better than the other three teams in their division.

Now granted, there are surprises every year. But I don't see how anyone could pick any of those other three teams to win that division. The only one close would be the Broncos, and they put themselves out of the playoffs with Cutler. Kansas City and Oakland have a lot of talent on their rosters, but I don't think they're primed to make a move yet.

I guess it's just become trendy to think teams will make the playoffs after having horrible seasons. It happens (see Miami and Atlanta, last year), but it's not always likely. How could you not pick San Diego to win the division next year?

I will agree with some of this, and disagree with some.

KC is better than Denver, IMO, and the Chargers are much better than the other teams that they have lumped in that write up.

The will have a healthy Merriman, Rivers, LT, Cromartie, Dielman, Chambers and Gates. None of them were 100% last season. They are a team to be reckoned with.

Archived