• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The obvious position switch

redbuddha

I'm just saying the kid is over 6 feet tall, and his father may have been the best cornerback in the history of the league. Unlike say switching Edwards from QB to WR/PR.

In an ideal world Jared Green might make the 2nd-4th wr on the offense; given our corners, reaching #2 would be possible.

Just because Daryl Green is his father does not mean Jared Green can play CB....and NO he doesn't have the physicals to play CB. Yes he's fast and tall, but he's also very thin and I highly doubt he could be that physical at the LOS against WRs. And I can't imagine him tackling WRS and more so RBs....he's a wide out.

His measurables are very similar to Josh Norman's.

6' 0", 195 lbs Norman 40 time 4.61

6' 1", 185 lbs Green 40 time 4.32

With the slight differences I'm seeing he couldn't be couldn't be coached to greatness by our Secondary coach and/or his father in two years.

I am asking because we have now given Clausen and Edwards 3 years to adapt and improve and both are still on the roster.

I apologize if I am upsetting you but, I have seen high school, college, and pro coaches make position changes for athletes, and I always wondered what went into the thought process, that one coach thought you would be best at one position, i.e. QB, then another coach comes along and sees you as something different. Look at Michael Crabtree for example, High School QB, Record breaking College receiver. Denard Robinson QB, is said to be on NFL scouts radar at a position besides QB. Some people thought Cam and The Golden Calf of Bristol should play other positions.

Archived