• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's performance

23 for 33 for 303 yards passing. 1 TD and 2 INT's. One was a tipped ball the other was Forced.

Overall his performance was ok. Not his best but not his worst. The offensive line was no help at all this time around, he had almost no room, he was rattled and had a defender on him every other play. He also wasn't on the field very long. 22 minutes to be exact, the ball was kept from him by the Bucs O running so much and winding down the clock. That was the same strategy the Skins used on Drew but as you can see Brees still scored, a lot. Basic principle and formula. Keep Newton off the field, and make him turn over the ball in the limited amount of time he has will equal a win for the other team.

Josh freeman wasn't stellar, he was below pedastrian but he had no turnovers. Played perfectly. Lack of pass rush really helped him as well. His Running game actually got off to a good start. These aren't excuses. They are facts.

I wouldn't pin this loss on Newton at all.

Well, he had very little protection due to the poor O-line performance. But, I was concerned that he often did not step into his throws....leaning on his backfoot. Of course, he had Bucs hanging all over him which did not help. The pass protection is bad. The Panthers gave up to quickly on the run game, and this hurt Cam.

The INTs didn't bother me that bad because he was trying to make a play on 3rd and long. He could have thrown it away and we could have had a blocked punt and been worse off. His passing was right around 60% which is respectable under the circumstances. There was a few times I would have liked to see him take off with conviction when things broke down. He really struggled in the run and read option game which is very un-Cam-like.

I'm not sure.

He is a great athlete, no question.

Great QBs are not always great athletes.

Frankly, I"m not sure.   If you are,  and others are, well, great.

I was really in his camp when he was drafted, in his camp last year, heard a lot of things about him that i felt were ridiculous and still do.

However, today, I saw a guy that seemed to regress,  stared down receivers, didn't do his check downs, hesitant and indecisive, threw the ball  into not double but triple coverage, losing yardage

when he could've just thrown the ball away.

And stil more interceptions.  This team is not good enough to overcome that.

Was this one game in the season, we'll see.

You are a f*cking retard.

I thought he played great. Was put in some bad positions due to poor coaching and horrible OL play. Other than that, I wish he would've hit one of the guys that were in single coverage rather than force it to Smitty in double coverage. I really want to see him make strides with his TD/INT ratio this year.

But, again, a lot of the reason for the two picks today was a result of the situation because of poor coaching/playcalling.

The INTs didn't bother me that bad because he was trying to make a play on 3rd and long. He could have thrown it away and we could have had a blocked punt and been worse off. His passing was right around 60% which is respectable under the circumstances. There was a few times I would have liked to see him take off with conviction when things broke down. He really struggled in the run and read option game which is very un-Cam-like.

He actually completed 70% today

Cam did not do too well. Those INTs hurt. He showed his emotions too much, letting poeple get to him. I don't see this as a good game at all. We held them on the defensive side, enough to do what we were built to do (score points). Cam must play better, but he is far from being alone or the most work.

The part of the team who needs most improvement is the oline, secondary and Dline right behind them. I feel the Oline will come along everything else is questionable.

Archived