• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The problem Maybe Chud...

redbuddha

sometimes i think that running a more conventional offense would be better for the team. the abundance of option plays that didnt work on sunday were pathetic. i appreciate chud's creativity, i am just wondering about his ability to adjust the gameplan.

I said it in another thread and I'll say it again here. I was jealous watching the San Fran and Green Bay game. SF runs an efficient pro style offense that keeps their D well rested.

I was really jealous watching Foxy and the Broncos beat the Steelers. (Both with good efficient pro style offenses.)

I think out o-lines strength is run blocking. Our game plan doesn't utilize it.

We have too many great running backs to abandon the run.

Cam is too good of a quarterback to be running this gimmicky college offense. I understand last year, but it's time to take off the training wheels.

This type of offense only won us 6 games last year and it only won Denver 8.

I don't miss Foxball, but I'd prefer something in between that and what we have now.

We are pass heavy because our offensive line is ass. It's not 2008 anymore.

Yes, blame Chud for abandoning the run, but blame the O-line just as much for crushing the guy's spirit. The line looked absolutely hopeless on Sunday. Calling up a run play was basically us giving up a down.

I agree. Kalil is good, Gross is in decline but average. The others are backups. This is what happens when you draft poorly

We are pass heavy because our offensive line is ass. It's not 2008 anymore.

Yes, blame Chud for abandoning the run, but blame the O-line just as much for crushing the guy's spirit. The line looked absolutely hopeless on Sunday. Calling up a run play was basically us giving up a down.

We are pass heavy with on OL built to still run....

Asking them to pass block and letting downfield routes to develop all game isn't playing to their strength.

Hurney and Chud are on different pages

BTW, I hate this idea of attributing wins and losses to a QB... it's a total team sport.

RG3 didn't beat the Saints****, the Redskins beat the Saints****.

Cam didn't lose to the Bucs, the Panthers lost to the Bucs.

Thank you.

We lose and everyone starts pointing fingers. Every part of the team made mistakes Sunday. The offense, the defense, special teams, and the coaching staff. Everyone contributed, some more than others though.

My overall take from the game:

We just got punched in the mouth. We didn't expect what Tampa brought and we could never fully adjust to it on the offensive side of the ball. Cam didn't play spectacular but considering the lack of protection and running game, he did good. The defense did well in their adjustments and finished strong.

The season isn't doomed because of this loss. We still have a lot of talent on the team and they believe in themselves. I expect them to move on and focus on the Saints** and play a close game.

I WANT YOUR OPINION FELLAS. QUOTE ME

I think we were off tempo from the begining. We were playing a team tough to gameplan against, also being placed in an un familiar place to prepare. We got down early and our offense was limited in possesion time.

I just feel that we are using our personel incorrectly. Put a fullback in front of DW and the guy can produce.. When we try to run out of shotgun the Oline just cant get that serge. Plus play action would be deadly, especially with Cam. When we constantly run out of shot gun we take that dimension away and we become fairely predictable.

Its like chud is trying to be tricky. We have the personel to run the ball, so quit trying to hide it and impose our will and pound that damn rock!!

Archived