• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Byron Bell

rico6

Honestly, this year Bell has played better in pass protection than Otah ever dreamed he could. Otah was a beast run blocker but was always average to somewhat of a liability in pass protection. All things considered, it's looking like we upgraded, which is amazing considering where Bell came from.

I don't start many topics on here (and for good reason) but I wanted to make a quick shoutout to Byron Bell. He's looked excellent so far this season.

A brightspot for sure.

IMO, he's already done more for us than Otah did, and we didn't even have to spend a draft pick on him. Hell of a bargain.

From time to time, all of us jump on the front office for their bad moves, myself included. So we should tip our hats to the scouts and Marty when they find a diamond in the rough like Bell.

i'm glad they gave him an honest shot.

He has shown excellent progress. But Marty, should you happen to read this thread, that doesn't mean he needs to be signed to a $50 million, five year deal in the offseason.

Oh, and Silatolu has looked very good as well and is improving rapidly. Upgrade at RG and we should be set for a few years until we need to replace Gross.

Definitely 180 degree improvement from last year. Great to see him doing well so far this year. Ditto on Silatolu. I was frankly never worried about either of them. If they're the hard workers that we've heard about, they'll be great players for years to come. Agreed on the RG; Hangartner is getting abused at that spot. I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce Campbell takes Gross' place in a seasoin or so, either.

Archived