• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sherrod Martin back in?

DangerClose

I don't know why all the hate on Martin, the guy is a play maker, he may not be very consistent but he can makes plays, hell hes probably won us a game or two... we've also seen him lay the hammer on some people before although he might not be in the same league as chris harris, hes still pretty good.

I don't know why all the hate on Martin, the guy is a play maker, he may not be very consistent but he can makes plays, hell hes probably won us a game or two... we've also seen him lay the hammer on some people before although he might not be in the same league as chris harris, hes still pretty good.

I never hated him

He just has some serious tackling issues

As awful as Martin is, he still has a lot of potential. He has the physical tools to play the position, but he's bad at the game mentally. Haruki Nakamura being a perennial back-up to Ed Reed shouldn't have instantly given him the benefit of the doubt. I'm not convinced that the Ravens would have had confidence in him if Ed Reed were to go down. He is the most unathletic safety I've seen in a Panthers uniform since Minter in his final season. The sad part is that he's not the SS, but the FS. He doesn't have the physicality to play the position and he sure as hell doesn't have the smarts to play the position. If Martin comes back and crashes and burns, I'll be at least happy that we're sticking with a player that has a ceiling above him. Haruki has no where to go but down. I never want to see him on the field again. As glad as I was when Martin was replaced, I don't remember thinking that about him. Haruki makes Martin look like Jesus with dreads.

Archived