• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marty Hurney interview on WFNZ @ 8:45a

Johnny Rockets

this past draft was decent, but what about every other year? our owner and FO knows we have a small scouting department compared to other teams so why will they not bring more bodies in? teams that build through the draft, still will bring a vet in to take care of a need.

Well that's my point. Don't confuse me with a Hurney apologist cause I'm not. The fact is he has picked good players every year but its not enough because we don't plug in any FA talent. Its a good thing Hurney is upset its a sigh he can change his ways and hopefully JRs as well.

thats cool, but 3 winning season out of 11 says something. rebuilding since 09.

To a degree, I agree with that. But as I look back, I see a fair number of seasons where injuries plagued us like something Biblical. I also don't think anyone could have guessed Jake would implode like he did, or that the Peppers drama would eek on for so long and sap cohesion from the squad we were fielding at the time. I don't think we could blame Hurney for Fox's petulance in the last year he was here, or his stubborn adherence to a style of play that clearly was not our strong suit any more. As to the picks, yeah, a number of them have turned into duds, but aren't all draft choices ultimately a crap shoot? Given the data he had at the time, I don't think I would like to second guess the front office's choices. On the other hand, if we can, indeed, draft good young players, train them up, and keep them over the long term, I can't help but think this is a sound strategy for enhancing the sense of team needed to go the long haul in the NFL. So much of what makes a championship team great is the cohesion of the men who suit up each Sunday. If we keep our best together, that has to emerge at some point (at least, one would hope so).

It may be too late for Marty Hurney to turn things around. His seat is growing really hot.

To be fair we really don't know how hot his seat is with the organization. The fans are in an uproar but there's only one person Hurney has to be really worried about and we really don't know if he supports the decisions being made or not.

I hope he's feeling some pressure from upstairs but they'll never tell us if he is.

Mac asked Hurney if he had a lifetime contract and if he was a puppet for JR. Marty said he doesn't even have a contract, but not sure if he meant that literally.

I've been tryin to tell everyone he doesn't have a contract.. lol

Guest Tom Cat

Tell me if Im mistaken but I thought JR picked Cam?

and this is just me speculating but all the big contracts last year seemed to be JR proving he wasnt the cheapskate he was painted to be in Foxes last year.

I fear that Jerry has a lot to do with personnel decisions. He's not up front about it like Jerry Jones, but I think he gives the final go ahead. I think Marty is an average gm, but I still don't see him pulling the trigger on the Armanti boondoggle. I do think Marty had everything to do with trading up for Otah and Everette Brown.

JR telling Fox he better win back to back winning seasons or he's getting the axe had everything to do with Otah and Brown... Obviously Hurney signs off on what the coach wants so he is to blame as well..

The Otah pick itself wasn't bad.. BUT we could have taken Otah and Rice/Forte instead of Stewart...

I've been tryin to tell everyone he doesn't have a contract.. lol

this was discussed quite a bit a couple years ago. he's been working without a contract for several years and part of it is because he hasn't signed the one that JR gave him and that has been sitting on his desk.

i think he said it has something to do with loyalty to JR.

Tell me if Im mistaken but I thought JR picked Cam?

and this is just me speculating but all the big contracts last year seemed to be JR proving he wasnt the cheapskate he was painted to be in Foxes last year.

JR gave the ok, but he didn't pick him.

JR telling Fox he better win back to back winning seasons or he's getting the axe had everything to do with Otah and Brown... Obviously Hurney signs off on what the coach wants so he is to blame as well..

The Otah pick itself wasn't bad.. BUT we could have taken Otah and Rice/Forte instead of Stewart...

not going to talk about the otah/stewart picks, but the only time that JR really got involved was when he gave the fox ultimatum...win back to back seasons trying to do it your way or we're going to scrap it and start over fresh with younger players.

Archived