• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should we blame Richardson and not Hurney?

Snake

Hurney isn't the problem...you can replace him with Jesus, but Big Cat still runs the show.

Then you tell the owner he is destroying any chance of his team to be competitive and submit your resignation.

Anyone that values their employees and loves the game of football would not tolerate being part of this three ring circus.

It's like this. The Carolina Panthers franchise is suffering from losing because of our owner. I love the fact that JR is a great business man to bring the Carolina Panthers, & the NFL to North Carolina. But he just like Jerry Jones, and Daniel Snyder. They are great business men with huge egoes. That's how they became wealthy. But football wise, all of them need to step to the side and let REAL football geniuses concentrate on the X's & O's of their teams. The only thing they should be involved in is the selling of tickets, and marketing their teams to be worldwide brand. But as long as you got owners making GM & Coaching decisions. They, as well as us will never win a Super Bowl, or even be a winning contender. (Panthers, Cowboys, Redskins). This is the truth, and I love the Carolina Panthers!! I would be elated if we won a Super Bowl one day.

What's amazing is that a local reporter actually crossed the Rubicon and dared to criticize the owner. Let's see if that persuades the others.

The CBS reporter made a lot of great points.

He probably will be exiled for what he said just like Yas and Gantt.

What's amazing is that a local reporter actually crossed the Rubicon and dared to criticize the owner. Let's see if that persuades the others.

The CBS reporter made a lot of great points.

That dude is just the guy who works in the booth for the morning radio show on WFNZ. He's not a CBS reporter.

Don't you think either of those guys would have brought that up since then? It would be a spectacular story if there was a shred of truth to it.

Both still have sources within the Panthers and if they did that they would be totally out of the loop. You can't fight or prove everything that people do to you in life.

I think that instead of searching for a scapegoat/figurehead, how about people instead discuss the many variables that have gone into this season as opposed to pointing a lone finger?

The terms scapegoat and figurehead do not apply.

Between Hurney and JR one or both of these individuals are the Dr Frankenstein(s) of this creation we call the Panthers.

Every other conceivable position that falls under these two in the hierarchy of the Panther organization has at one time or another been blamed for the team's poor performance (they were true scapegoats).

Hurney and JR are the head of the snake.

They are not scapegoats or figureheads, far from it, they are the source of the problem and until this issue is sorted out, this team will not be competitive. We are rapidly approaching 20 years of history to support that belief.

The terms scapegoat and figurehead do not apply.

Between Hurney and JR one or both of these individuals are the Dr Frankenstein(s) of this creation we call the Panthers.

Every other conceivable position that falls under these two in the hierarchy of the Panther organization has at one time or another been blamed for the team's poor performance (they were true scapegoats).

Hurney and JR are the head of the snake.

They are not scapegoats or figureheads, far from it, they are the source of the problem and until this issue is sorted out, this team will not be competitive. We are rapidly approaching 20 years of history to support that belief.

true.

good or bad, richardson and hurney are responsible for what gets put on the field. the coaches are only there in a managerial capacity. their job is to make the most of what the FO gives them. hurney's job is to make sure that he has the right coaches and the players the coaches need to get wins. richardson has to make sure that hurney is getting the coach right and the players right. if hurney isn't doing his job right, if the team hurney is putting together isn't getting it right, richardson has a duty to replace him with someone who can.

richardson said he didn't fire fox after the '09 season because he knew he would probably have to pay fox and his staff whatever money they were owed as well as the new coach and staff and i can't really blame him for that, i just don't like it.

but....hurney has no contract. there would be no overhead for letting hurney go. he could be replaced free and clear. i have a feeling, though, that as long as hurney feels bad about losses, says the right things, and acts like he still cares he's gonna have a job. i'm not a fan of that at all.

i'm really hoping that the interviews that hurney has been given the past few days have been honest and that not only is it something he takes seriously (the issues he said that needs to be fixed), but that he pushes rivera and chud to get things right and make the most of the talent they have been given.

i liked what hurney said, even if i don't think it's near enough...but for the moment it will have to be.

It's not Hurney. Hurney has his issues but nobosy was riding his ass before opening day against the bux like they all are now. His job is practically over as soon as Connor Barth kicked off. You crucify GM's during the draft and FA. Anyone frying his ass now but not before is jsutt showing how f-cking stupid they are. This team has LOTS of talent and is better talent-wise than it was last season. Our schedule is a bit easier to boot. Why we suck is because of our effort and the motivation that proceeds it.

a thread about blaming owners is a joke

a thread about blaming a GM in OCtober is even worse.

a combination of the two... rancid

BULL fuging poo!!!

I have been up in his ass for years with little to no support from anyone in sight.

We are a bottom dweller right now, and Hurney is to blame.

If I was the leader of this bullshit at my job, I would have done the right thing and step down. I wouldn't need to be fired.

true.

good or bad, richardson and hurney are responsible for what gets put on the field. the coaches are only there in a managerial capacity. their job is to make the most of what the FO gives them. hurney's job is to make sure that he has the right coaches and the players the coaches need to get wins. richardson has to make sure that hurney is getting the coach right and the players right. if hurney isn't doing his job right, if the team hurney is putting together isn't getting it right, richardson has a duty to replace him with someone who can.

richardson said he didn't fire fox after the '09 season because he knew he would probably have to pay fox and his staff whatever money they were owed as well as the new coach and staff and i can't really blame him for that, i just don't like it.

but....hurney has no contract. there would be no overhead for letting hurney go. he could be replaced free and clear. i have a feeling, though, that as long as hurney feels bad about losses, says the right things, and acts like he still cares he's gonna have a job. i'm not a fan of that at all.

i'm really hoping that the interviews that hurney has been given the past few days have been honest and that not only is it something he takes seriously (the issues he said that needs to be fixed), but that he pushes rivera and chud to get things right and make the most of the talent they have been given.

i liked what hurney said, even if i don't think it's near enough...but for the moment it will have to be.

If what you say is true then there is no hope for this team. History will just repeat its self till something changes. IDK when this playing young players thing came along but its been worse then what they did prior to it. You will never make me understand how we can build from the draft all the while trading our draft picks away every year. Just makes no sense to me.

Archived