• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Amanda Todd Commits Suicide

Herbert The Love Bug

social media plays an extreme part in all of this for sure

back in the day you could run away from it or be 'safe' at home etc. Nowadays people can't fnd the 'off' button so they see it everywhere.

This.

I struggle to have sympathy for the bullied because back in my day if you got bullied you either manned up and entered a battle or just walked away. But that is because I'm out if touch.

Kids get so ingrained in Facebook, or their game clan or whatever and this is what drives bullying.

I asked my 7 year old about what to do about bullying and he looks me in the eye and says

"First you tell them to stop. If that doesn't work you walk away. If that doesn't work you say something really nice to them. If that doesn't work get help from an adult."

it's amazing that people would use this as an opportunity to troll.

the internet makes you invincible so you can say and do whatever you want. you can tell people to kill themselves and claim innocence.

crap....she was just a kid. all kids make mistakes but some just have them snowball out of control and people who think they are made bigger by stepping on other people will take advantage of the kids weakness.

parents should have done more early, but i'm sure they thought what most parents thought....that's the kind of stuff that happens to other people's kids. my kid won't do that kind of stuff. she's a good kid. she'll be alright. then one day cops show up like they did at this girls house saying that topless pics are up on the internet. and then the kid is crying every night because she's getting bullied. parents rarely realize how bad it is and how bad it can get, esp, now with facebook. kids are getting bolder and meaner and they aren't learning anything from their parents either.

i'm sure it snowballed out of control for them just like it did for her. the suicide was just another mistake, but at that age and with that much hell burning around her, i'm not surprised that she went that route.

my wife and i spent 2+ years working with troubled teenage girls living in our house. we had about 35 different kids live with us during that time (6-8 at a time) and during that time we had two suicide attempts happen in our house. one girl (14years old) ran away, hitchhiked and got picked up by a truck driver who raped her and dropped her off. she was in shock and thought she was pregnant. she more or less got herself in that situation, but she's not responsible for what that guy did to her. just like that amanda todd wasn't responsible for kids taking advantage of her and bullying her the way they did. they and they alone are responsible for their actions. they had a choice and they did something that made it seemingly impossible for this amanda girl to find a way out of.

that girl that got raped had this happen a couple days before she got to us. within 3 days she tried to kill herself. she didn't succeed, but she got help that amanda's parent's probably didn't know about or have access to. we had another girl who was a victim of sexual abuse for several years (which was the case for 90% of the girls we had) and it had such an effect on her that she had a couple psychotic breaks and tried killing herself 3 times, one of them in our house, slitting her wrist after she barricaded herself in her room. i broke through just after she had cut herself.

you NEVER know how any of this stuff is going to affect someone and just because some kids go through it more or less fine, doesn't mean that they all will or are capable of. they all have their breaking point.

she made a couple mistakes...doing what many kids do, trying to be accepted. people choice to abuse that and she couldn't cope. it's not her fault that people took advantage of her. she's not responsible for people doing her wrong, regardless of her making herself a target. the tough thing is, that those kids who took advantage of her will never be punished (at least in this life) for what they did because they had the benefit of being anonymous and they can say that they didn't make her do any of those things. they didn't have to do that, though. they didn't have to keep on pushing a weak kid.

love your kids. love those people around you. more importantly, though, teach others how to love and treat others with respect. tell your kids to help the weak rather than push them down and around.

If my kid is bullied by another kid, I'll tell him to get a baseball bet and beat the fug out of this bully... Great thing about being a kid? No such a thing as charges... I got suspended 9 times in 3 years for fighting and that's only the times I got caught fighting. When I was 9, I came back home with a bloody face and crying, my dad told me to go back and beat the fug out of this kid, unless my knuckles are bloody, I'm not allowed back home. I went back and beat the fug out of this kid. This lesson helped me get through high school when I moved to US. You punish one bully, no other bully will want to fug with you.

I had the same thing happened to a girl in my high school, she flashed her titties in high school party and someone posted her pics all over the bathrooms the next day. She's doing very well right now.

Horrible story. Always tragic to hear of someone that young dying.

That said, the questions I have...

(Obvious) What's the story with her parents?

Where are the parents of the kids doing the bullying?

And the big one, is there something more to this story? Kids coming to another school to beat her up because she flashed a guy online? Gotta be more to it than that, wouldn't you think? The whole story just seems off somehow.

And on a related note, those of us who are a little older should probably all be grateful the world wasn't so connected when we were young and did stupid crap. Back then those things just became a story your friends told on you. These days, thanks to webcams, phone cameras, social media and the internet, the whole world can find out about it, view it and replay it over and over again.

Sheesh :(

Her behavior made her an easy target for those that make themselves feel better by tearing down other people.

It is rarely easy being a kid, learning as you go, making so many mistakes along the way.

If you don't have a strong network of friends and family the world can be a very lonely place.

Some of the responses on here make it easy to see why some children behave the way they do.

Horrible story. Always tragic to hear of someone that young dying.

That said, the questions I have...

(Obvious) What's the story with her parents?

Where are the parents of the kids doing the bullying?

And the big one, is there something more to this story? Kids coming to another school to beat her up because she flashed a guy online? Gotta be more to it than that, wouldn't you think? The whole story just seems off somehow.

And on a related note, those of us who are a little older should probably all be grateful the world wasn't so connected when we were young and did stupid crap. Back then those things just became a story your friends told on you. These days, thanks to webcams, phone cameras, social media and the internet, the whole world can find out about it, view it and replay it over and over again.

Sheesh :(

She got beat up because she slept with somebody's boyfriend.

Looking at her pics she was a beautiful girl that for some reason had 0 self confidence & was trying desperately to find somewhere to fit in.

I had the same thing happened to a girl in my high school, she flashed her titties in high school party and someone posted her pics all over the bathrooms the next day. She's doing very well right now.

not really comparable.

posted on the bathroom wall...very temporary and easily forgotten and hard to prove it actually existed. people didn't exactly go running to make duplicates and share them around back then, did they? all that is needed is to take it down off the wall and it's done.

once it's on the internet....it's there and it's hard to take down. it's hard to stop from being spread around... and it's pretty much permanent.

it's really hard for anyone of the older generations (like myself and i'm only in my early 40s) to identify with the struggles that exist for the young kids of today because of the internet, kids having their own cell phone at an early age (we only had one phone line in the house like everyone else), and camera phones.

Other question - was she an only child? Siblings tend to stick up for each other which lessens the effect.

And where were her friends? While she was a loner, when i was in school EVERYBODY had some sort of clique.

Also, it is strange that the switched schools twice and had the same experience at all three schools. Maybe her story followed her around or maybe she was just the type who attracted this sort of behaviour. NOT sticking up for the assholes but we all have met people who just can't get away from drama and issues.

Sad story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcaFG-XpT0o

So will the internet denizens avenge her?

Dear citizens of our nation.

We have brought this announcement forwards solely for the purpose of releasing Amanda Todd's punisher's identity.

Below, you will find a URL to the man's DOX. In there, you will see various information about said person. Kody maxson is an abomination to our society, and will be punished.

http://pastebin.com/pc6mHA8W

We Are Anonymous.

We Are Legion.

We Do Not Forget.

We Do Not Forgive.

Kody Maxson.

Expect us!

Wow, pretty cool they found this guy:

Amanda Todd's Punisher

Extorted amanda todd for pictures. This is the pedophile that social engineered Amanda Todd into supplying him nude pictures.

Identity: Kody Maxson

Online Username: kody1206

Birthdate 1980, age 30

Edit: although, if he was born in 1980 he'd be either 31 or 32 so I wonder how accurate this is.

Archived