• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The question is, will JR really pay something to manage and coach this team..

Awesomeness!!

We've been down this road. When Fox got fired, everybody was excited, and then Jerry went bargain shopping and we ended up with the piece of hot garbage known as Ron Rivera and his staff. This is in contrast to 2002 when he was out there trying to get guys like Dungy to come here. If he isn't willing to pay somebody qualified, then just keep Rivera. No need to take the fanbase through this rollercoaster again, only to end up like trash.

Given how young Newton and this whole team still is, I really do think getting a proven HC type is crucial to our development. I don't want to end up taking a chance on another coordinator that could end up being a great coordinator but bad HC.

For GM and HC, its not going for a celebrity but at least a guy you know can elevate us to at the very least mediocrity again and potentially greatness.

I want a coach that will be the face of this franchise to pair with Cam like Brady/Bill Brees/Payton if your not a panthers fan chances are you've never heard of Ron Rivera. For those who say they feel bad because he is a nice guy well think of this He robbed us for 11 million dollars. More money than most of us will ever see. I don't feel bad for him I feel bad for me because I skip church to watch this mess ever Sunday I'm cool with going to Hell if the panthers are winning but at this rate it's looking bad for my soul

I want a coach that will be the face of this franchise to pair with Cam like Brady/Bill Brees/Payton if your not a panthers fan chances are you've never heard of Ron Rivera. For those who say they feel bad because he is a nice guy well think of this He robbed us for 11 million dollars. More money than most of us will ever see. I don't feel bad for him I feel bad for me because I skip church to watch this mess ever Sunday I'm cool with going to Hell if the panthers are winning but at this rate it's looking bad for my soul

I understand that you are a fan but I think you need to seriously re-evaluate your decision making here. lol! I typically DVR the game and fast forward thru the commercials to catch up to real-time... With all the damn commercials during NFL games nowadays you need to give it about an 90 minute head start anyway. ...Not trying to telly you what to do, just an idea to help you enjoy (if you wanna call watching the Panthers enjoyable) both.

I like the team and all but I aint willing to trade my soul for this garbage. lol!

Given how young Newton and this whole team still is, I really do think getting a proven HC type is crucial to our development. I don't want to end up taking a chance on another coordinator that could end up being a great coordinator but bad HC.

For GM and HC, its not going for a celebrity but at least a guy you know can elevate us to at the very least mediocrity again and potentially greatness.

I agree.... I do not want another cooridinator or even a college HC. I want someone who has had success coaching at the NFL level. I am not sure how real of list that might be; but at least that is the direction I would prefer.

I understand that you are a fan but I think you need to seriously re-evaluate your decision making here. lol! I typically DVR the game and fast forward thru the commercials to catch up to real-time... With all the damn commercials during NFL games nowadays you need to give it about an 90 minute head start anyway. ...Not trying to telly you what to do, just an idea to help you enjoy (if you wanna call watching the Panthers enjoyable) both.

I like the team and all but I aint willing to trade my soul for this garbage. lol!

Lol I already go into work later on Sundays I still record the games so that I can go back and watch but I think this Sunday I will be in church

I really have a feeling JR is done fugin around and is going to go all out. Nomore playing it safe, no more antibig name free agents and nomore no name coaches. I really think we will get a known commodity as a HC.. Cowher, Reid, Rob Ryan.

I think you continue to confuse quality with name recognition. How is Rob Ryan any more proven than Rivera? What has Andy done with the dream team in Philly?

Hire the best coach available. Name recognition should not be a factor. We aren't in this to win ESPN.

Archived