• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm VERY angry and heartbroken

TruCatzFan

While I think it was terrible that such a thing happened, I don't think you, or I, or anyone else in this thread or forum for that matter, would have had the balls to jump into a zoo enclosure of wild dogs. The mother is at fault for letting putting her child where she did, and the zoo is at fault for not having a safety net better equipped to catch small children (apparently, the kid bounced twice then out into the pen because of how light he was.) The people there though? They're not to blame.

However, I do agree with you on the dogs being innocent part.

I would have jumped in without thinking twice. If there would have been 3-5 men there opposed to cowards he may have been saved. Could he have still died along with someone else? Maybe. Most likely he is saved & a few grown men get bitten. Those dogs may be wild, aggressive, & dangerous but they aren't stupid. Kick the poo out of them in the mouth & ribs a few times & they will back off. Wild animals like that don't attack just to kill something. They saw a defenseless food source. They wouldn't have risked there lives over it if someone was there to fight back.

Besides, I'd rather die a man than live a coward. Semper Fi.

Definitely a horrific situation. It really boggles my mind reading the article though... So many things at work. It mentioned the glass walls surrounding the viewing area for the exhibit, yet, it only had 4 foot high rails... SMH. DUMB. Why even leave that margin for error. If there is glass for everyone to see through, the rails should be higher. Also, you would think they would have tested the net, or made sure it was wide enough to not allow any "bounce" off of it.

Just horrible. I'm not sexist, but there is a clear difference between men and women when it comes to the physical. My wife is extremely clumsy and so, I always want to be there with her and our children wherever we go to make sure they're protected. I'm no tough guy or anything, but I'm smart and physically capable of protecting them, and so I do.

In any scenario, even just involving me as an individual, I always think of "what's the worst that can happen and how can I avoid it." It's worked out well and will continue to. When we've gone to the Asheboro zoo, I have held my kids up with both arms against my chest, and never anywhere near any potential hazards. If we can't see the animals, we'll either wait or F it... There's always NatGeo. Really horrible situation all the way around but I just don't understand what the mother was thinking.

This dude is constantly outright saying that I'm dumb, stupid, psychotic, and worse. He's long overdue for a vacation. He's on block now cause I just don't feel like dealing with him anymore. Hes not special and should not be immuned to getting banned for personal attacks. There was no reason for him to come into this thread the way he did at all.

fwiw i've never called you anything worse than psychotic. perhaps reviewing the thread free of your emotions would provide a more balanced perspective on the things you took so heavily, and perhaps would provide significant perspective on why you were perceived the way you were. remember that johari's window link i sent you? that applies here TCF.

That's all that was needed. And how am I even reading this? Must have only blocked PM's... I can remedy that though

because you can chose to view posts you've blocked, and you couldn't resist replying.

also i never called you psychotic, i called a specified action of yours psychopathic

which it was

As truly sad as that story is...I'm more horrified and heartbroken about the couple that starved their 8 year old son...their punishments should be the same as what they did to that little boy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2228614/Couple-starved-year-old-adopted-son-weighed-just-35lbs-alarm-door-wouldnt-steal-food.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

I thought this thread was about the parents in Pakistan who killed their daughter (threw acid on her and she died) for looking at a boy. That didn't keep me up at all though because I dealt with those "people" (I use the word people very loosely here because they are savages more akin to animals than people) on deployments and know how bad they hate women (even women hate women over there it seems). All it did was lower my opinion of a certain religious group even more.

Archived