• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It makes me sick to think of this

teeray

We are 2-7. In my opinion there is no way we should have lost the ATL and CHI games. If we held on to just those two games we would currently be 4-5.

When I look at the rest of our schedule I can't help but think that there are three likely wins left on our schedule SD, KC, and OAK. There are two games IMO we should win against the Bucs and a likely Vickless PHI. Then two that we could win ATL at home and NO although we would be underdogs in both games.

Despite how bad we played and not even considering the SEA, DAL, and Tampa games that we were one score away from winning.

If we just held on to those two games we would have a very good shot at 9 wins and a legitimate shot at 10 wins and possibly the playoffs.

Just make me sick to my stomach that we are so close yet also so very far away.

I think (if I remember correctly) if you go back and look at the 2003 season where we went to the super bowl, the games were very similar EXCEPT that we got those breaks and won the close games... this year, we are just on the losing end of bad/dumb breaks.

I have thought about this same exact thing... we could very well be near .500 right now except for a few little things and mistakes.

You are over thinking this an trying to make meaning out of things and twist it around. The team is 2-7. They are not good and are not close to a 9 or 10 win team.

I disagree and I don't see how a team that is a TD away in each game from being 7-2 instead of 2-7 is not close. We have several flaws and I am not saying that we are SB contenders. But I don't think we are as terrible as many of you think we are.

I also don't think it is unfair to say that we should have won the CHI and ATL games but flukey things happened that prevented us from winning those games like WRs falling down and weird backward fumbles and hail mary passes.

I also don't think it is unfair to say that we should have won the CHI and ATL games but flukey things happened that prevented us from winning those games like WRs falling down and weird backward fumbles and hail mary passes.

There is nothing flukey about fumbling the ball when you are trying to run out the clock, throwing an interception for a touchdown, or giving up long game winning drives to the opposing team. That is just playing badly.

Archived