• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera 3rd year? Or this?

rdog157h

I was listening to the "drive" the last couple days and I think I could host that show! I think one of them is out and the other is hosting. But whoever has been hosting this week is a fuging idiot! He wants Ken Whisenhunt as our next coach or Josh McDaniels! Out of all the coaches that will be available you land on these two scrubs? Keep Rivera if that's are options!

U could certainly host the show. Almost anyone could do a better job than those two clowns. I'd bet money that WFNZ highly regrets not paying Mark Packer. The ratings have dropped. I work in TV/radio man and I can assure you that station is hurting. You should check ESPN 730.

Regarding the coaches though, I'd take Rivera over McDaniels even if the panthers lose the remaining games. I'm not as turned off by wisenhunt though. He's in a bad situation out there.

David Shaw is near the top of my list but I doubt he's leaving Stanford.

I'd rather then give RR another chance then make a reach for a guy like McDaniels.

I suspect Rivera will get one more year... beating the Falcons is "trending up".

I think it will depend on the GMs evaluation. Hopefully he does not base it on one game because the chief kicked our ass the week before and they are the worst team in football.

So the rest of the season doesn't matter?

i think that all that matters is being able to turn it around. it doesn't matter when that turning around happens, as long as it does.

i think that to an extent they have...i mean with the offense it was turning it back to what they did well last year.

my real doubt and concern is that i don't know if it's sustainable. i don't know that they've learned their lesson on what to do with a cam led offense. will they stick with what works really well and let him grow in that (my preference) or will they try and "change it up" again and make things overly and unnecessarily complicated (which it was) and at the same time incredibly predictable (which is was)?

just because they've (hopefully) learned to be more bold and aggressive and keep on pushing at the end and try to keep the ball in their own offenses hands instead of trying to play it safe and try to let their defense "protect" the lead, doesn't mean they won't go back to, in their own minds, a more traditional and safe approach which has proven itself to be ineffective, at least here anyway.

if there are better options available, i think they should be pursued. if the new GM thinks that we would be better off going a different direction, i think it's the right call. if the new GM thinks that this course is sustainable and at the very least rivera would be kept on a short leash then i'm good with that.

Josh McDaniels blew up the Broncos of thier top talent and went all in on The Golden Calf of Bristol...

the Broncos have just now recovered..

I like Wisenhunt a lot...but his team has quit on him. Still like to see him with a talent laden roster as he did not draft or build his team.

With all the Fire Rivera supporters you are assuming an upgrade at coach or a big name coming here.

Even with a big name or potential "Upgrade" at coach you have to consider the transistion from College..even a Chip Kelly would have to tweak his style a bit...and those Olinemen better be in shape!

Rivera, in year 3, purging the Hurney Fox era guys that Rivera is clearly not a fan of(CHARLES GODFREY, SHERROD MARTIN), Norman (wake up call), Gamble(old-pricey) can help alot.

The games that have been lost could easily have been won and the scales have to be tipped the other way. Cam struggling is actually a blessing in disguise bc it gave Cam an instant focus and will make him a better QB as we have seen in recent weeks..this is the best he has ever played.

Im not saying keep Rivera but it may be a smartest play to do so..

i think that all that matters is being able to turn it around. it doesn't matter when that turning around happens, as long as it does.

i think that to an extent they have...i mean with the offense it was turning it back to what they did well last year.

my real doubt and concern is that i don't know if it's sustainable. i don't know that they've learned their lesson on what to do with a cam led offense. will they stick with what works really well and let him grow in that (my preference) or will they try and "change it up" again and make things overly and unnecessarily complicated (which it was) and at the same time incredibly predictable (which is was)?

just because they've (hopefully) learned to be more bold and aggressive and keep on pushing at the end and try to keep the ball in their own offenses hands instead of trying to play it safe and try to let their defense "protect" the lead, doesn't mean they won't go back to, in their own minds, a more traditional and safe approach which has proven itself to be ineffective, at least here anyway.

if there are better options available, i think they should be pursued. if the new GM thinks that we would be better off going a different direction, i think it's the right call. if the new GM thinks that this course is sustainable and at the very least rivera would be kept on a short leash then i'm good with that.

I understand were you are coming from. The only point I want to make is that I just don't believe Rivera is the guy to get us to the Super Bowl. I'm all about playoffs and championships. We haven't been to the playoffs since 2008. Rivera and his staff are very inconsistent they lose the games that would help keep us on the road to the playoffs but at the end of the season we beat the Falcons when it doesn't matter. I just see too much of Norv Turner tendencies in Rivera. Rivera team start off slow and lack motivation just like Norv team. It take rumors about being fired and in our situation our GM gets fired in order to light a fire under their asses.

That is too much of being inconsistent for me. The only way I would even think about Rivera staying is that we finish 7-9. If he ends up staying, I don't want him on a short leash at all. If you have to put somebody on a short leash it only means that they don't need to be there.

I would take McDaniels. I know it's an unpopular position, but if he were a bum, would Belichick have taken him back? Most people would not have been excited about Belichick after Cleveland.

I would think McDaniels learned something from his experience in Denver. I would have to know that for a fact before I hired him, though.

I would take McDaniels. I know it's an unpopular position, but if he were a bum, would Belichick have taken him back? Most people would not have been excited about Belichick after Cleveland.

I would think McDaniels learned something from his experience in Denver. I would have to know that for a fact before I hired him, though.

I don't know about McDaniels right now. I think he will eventually be a good coach in the league if he ever gets another opportunity. The stuff he did in Denver was very immature though. How can you trade Jay Cutler? He just had too much say in personnel decisions which is a death wish especially for a first time HC. If he had a GM with some balls he might still be coaching in Denver. Oh well.

as a OC he's not a bum. as a HC, he's a bum.

belichick didn't take him back to be a HC. he took him back because he's a great OC. being a great OC doesn't make you a good HC, which he showed in spades.

poo I'd take Wishenhunt anyday of the week. Are y'all kidding me?

He's a great offensive minded coach. Look what he did with Warner. The bad plays at their QB position is probably going to cost his job.

His team didn't quit on him. They quit of the bad plays of the QBs.

Cam + Wishenhunt = BIG THINGS

No for McDaniels, fu(k the man. He destroyed a winning organization in two simple years. Don't want the man near Charlotte.

Archived