• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade up for Star Lotulelei?

Catalyst

The more it looks like we won't sniff a top-5 pick and the more it seems like the Raiders will be the likely landing spot for Star Lotulelei the more I think we need to seriously consider trading up to get him.

I know some have the idea that Hankins is basically option 1-A, but that's frankly bullshit. Hankins has injury and consistency issues and Lotulelei is by far the better prospect and MUCH safer. Imagine having a Haloti Ngata type presence in the middle of our DL with Hardy and Johnson coming off the edges. We could put practically anyone beside Star and still field one of the best DL's in football.

What would it take? Likely at least our 2nd rounder and probably more, but it depends on where we're picking and we won't know for sure for a couple weeks. But it looks like it'd have to be the Raiders who we trade with and I have a sense they'd be willing to move down for the right price.

No way!

I agree. Keep our picks. We know we are without our 3rd and 7th plus either our 5th or 6th we gave up for Murphy. We may get one compensatory back. But with only 5 picks in a draft that is deep in many positions of need for us, lets hang on to what we have.

Giving away next years 2nd for a team coming off 3 straight losing seasons doesnt sound reasonable. Many of our vets contracts will be expiring after the '13-14 season so we will need those top draft picks to fill holes.

No no no no no. I'd LOVE star, but we'd need to leapfrog Oakland mos likely, which is looking more and more likely like the second or first pick. Which would require a LOT. Even if that wasn't the case we still need the picks, if anything we need to see if we could tra DOWN for more pics.

Archived