• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For Everyone Who Wants to Draft LT in Round 1, a Question.

Ship

What about Bruce Campbell? I thought that he has basically spent this season being coached up for his eventual chance to be 'the guy' when Gross is ready to be phased out. Aside from the Raiders game they've refused to play him in other positions, the thinking being, I thought, that he was solely a LT. Plus I remember reading a post a while ago describing his style of play which made him a perfect fit for LT, on top of his physical attributes.

It seems like the perfect scenario, to already have a stud waiting in the wings, who we traded an unused RB for.

How do you account for our teams draft needs when we've got this guy possibly or supposedly in waiting?

What about Bruce Campbell? I thought that he has basically spent this season being coached up for his eventual chance to be 'the guy' when Gross is ready to be phased out. Aside from the Raiders game they've refused to play him in other positions, the thinking being, I thought, that he was solely a LT. Plus I remember reading a post a while ago describing his style of play which made him a perfect fit for LT, on top of his physical attributes.

It seems like the perfect scenario, to already have a stud waiting in the wings, who we traded an unused RB for.

How do you account for our teams draft needs when we've got this guy possibly or supposedly in waiting?

I was with you on this topic of not taking a LT in the 1st before I started to read this.

I know what you mean but by thinking that Campbell is going to take over Gross's spot anytime soon, makes it seem more like we really need to take an OT in the 1st. You guys gonna be disappointed once Campbell gets some playing time.

Campbell played OG for Oakland, and now OG for us. The problem with Campbell is that he has a learning disability that limits his ability to read, and learn new material. At this point I don't think we should pin our hopes on Campbell becoming a starter at any O-line position next season. He's bigger, faster, and stronger than Hangarter, but Piggy knows his sh!t. We need to upgrade our O-line to protect Cam and improve our rushing attack. What we have now simply isn't good enough to expect to have a winning season.

Archived