• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

John Kilgo thinks Carolina Huddle posters are idiots

SCP

My point is simply that "strong" air personalities elicit strong reactions and generally, more listeners. Look at the replies/views here. You can't buy that kind of publicity.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am already working on finding a station via internet so I can listen to this guy talk about stuff like NC basketball.

Oh, wait a minute...no I'm not.

I can guarantee you this thread produced a lot more people who will now refuse to listen than people who think "oh he insulted me I think I'll tune in."

The adage that any publicity is good publicity is a proven fallacy. Ask Imus and Anthony Wiener.

I can guarantee you this thread produced a lot more people who will now refuse to listen than people who think "oh he insulted me I think I'll tune in."

The adage that any publicity is good publicity is a proven fallacy. Ask Imus and Anthony Wiener.

As for the latter statement: True, and Stan used to say that too. Imus forgot he was now living in a PC generation and stepped across the line. The Wiener comparison is an entirely different issue.

As for the former: I highly doubt that you are even close to being right. Look at how many Huddlers call each other idiots. Does that stop them from reading and responding to a given poster? As a rule, no.

I just took a class 3 Kilgo after eating taco bell for lunch. I must weigh 5 pounds less.

I know you are the boss of this place and all, but if you want to stay in the good graces of as many Charlotte media types as possible, if I were the CEO here, I'd delete this post (and my quote). He is STILL very well connected. One phone call from Kilgo has made or broken more than one Charlotte media career.

so, this old fart nugget insults the community that zod put together, zod insults(i suppose) the guy that just insulted his community and zod's supposed to retract what he says and act more respectful because the guy used to be respected or at least used to have people know who he is?

bwahahahahaha

he probably has more people knowing who he is than ever before and that isn't a good thing because now all they know is that hes an ancient vindictive prick and will probably tune out anything he says...regardless of the fact that he's probably right.

What some of the posters here don't get is this: good or bad, there has always been an entertainment aspect to all but the most serious forms of broadcasting. That includes news/sports...even weather. John Kilgo's career took off about the same time the era of the "shock jock" was born. Do you really think the person(a) presented on the air is the exact same one that coworkers, friends, and family see/hear? With rare exceptions, of course not.

Kilgo's old boss, Stan Kaplan, encouraged the very sort of thing the haters are complaining about. Sure a few people are "button pushers," "knob twisters." or whatever we used to call those who changed channels/stations when someone/something came on, but, for the most part, you do listen, and you react just as strongly as he does on the air...and that is exactly what "strong" air personalities are trying to get you to do. Every one of you who has read or posted on this thread, even the ones who have never heard of him...well, now you have. In other words, you took the bait. No matter what your opinion of him is, the net result is positive for Kilgo, FNZ, and their advertisers. That is exactly how that business works. For that matter, it's how many businesses work.

TLDR: You've been had, owned, etc.

Kilgo was/is Doug from Lawndale, and "both" died 2 years ago.

You are listening to archived tape from 1992.

Mark with a C James material is completely computer generated, with the computer's setting set on "suck".

Mark with a C James material is completely computer generated, with the computer's setting set on "suck".

Did you see the NFL total access segment he had about the Panthers and if Rivera should be fired or not? I just want to punch him in the ball sack or kick his throat in. He's at a Joe person douche bag level.

Did you see the NFL total access segment he had about the Panthers and if Rivera should be fired or not? I just want to punch him in the ball sack or kick his throat in. He's at a Joe person douche bag level.

Yes I did.

DJ the Suit Stout actually sent my Father-in-law a WFNZ shirt for free to me last Christmas (2012) when he wrote an email to him spouting my allegiance to that station as I had been a whiner-line regular on average 4 times a week for over a year.

I wrote DJ and told him until MarC is fired I will not listen again to FNZ.

I wiped my ass with the shirt, burned it with this year's overcrop in the garden and now listen to 730 all day except for the Mac Attack.

Yes I did.

DJ the Suit Stout actually sent my Father-in-law a WFNZ shirt for free to me last Christmas (2012) when he wrote an email to him spouting my allegiance to that station as I had been a whiner-line regular on average 4 times a week for over a year.

I wrote DJ and told him until MarC is fired I will not listen again to FNZ.

I wiped my ass with the shirt, burned it with this year's overcrop in the garden and now listen to 730 all day except for the Mac Attack.

Yes, a shirt will cure all that mindless drivel that some put themselves through when listening to the drive..

The Mac attack is actually my fave show on there. Bustin loose was too, but unfortunately I can't listen to the shows live and when i listen to the podcasts only the drive and the mac attack update their stuff on a regular basis. I may have to listen to 730 just to see what's going on with them. Actually I did listen to them once before, when hurney was interviewed, I can't remember the show but the host actually knew what he was talking about and didn't sound like a douche.

Mac Attack is good and I like the Drive despite one of the host being a punch in the face tool. Im not sure how one hates the Mac attack when its just an audio version of the Huddle for 90%of the show and old man moments from Celania...the original Ron Burgandy.

As to Kilgo did they interview him with a Ouji board? He is an ooold crazy man! Great caller for Davidson games.

The entire FNZ crue get their topics of the day from the Huddle and claim it as their own sans MaClain and Celania.

Post something outrageous on here right before "The Drive" goes on the air at 3:00 and see if they don't have that as a subject that afternoon.

We should test this. Can someone make a legitimate looking page with a story saying Cam wants to play in KC next year?

Archived