• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lonnie Harvey

Jai.

Im pulling for the big fella, he's as humble and determined to make it as anyone, he definitely has the size and athletic ability to do it.

With that being said, I made a fan club page on facebook in support of him, if you support Big Lonnie as well, please join and show your support.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=106938707017#/group.php?gid=106938707017&ref=nf

Go Lonnie! I'm always a fan of hard work, determination and sheer willpower! Make it happen, Lonnie!:cheers2:

believe me when i tell you, this dude is larger than life, and has a real possibility to be Kris Jenkins without the problems.

What makes you say that? The Jenkins part that is, what makes you think he could be that good?

he has the ability to get off the line, engage and throw people to the side, he's like the d-line version of Jeff Otah, he's a very smart young man, and very determined, he's really excited to be a Panther, just so some of you know, he had a chance to sign with his hometown, favorite team, the Baltimore Ravens, he picked Carolina, he actually picked Carolina over a few top teams, Patriots included, he's an exceptional PERSON, and with the determination he has, he's going to be one of the top DT's in this league for a while.

Lonnie was a late qualifier and didn't have the SAT scores to get into some bigger programs. He did have offers from a lot of D1 schools, but picked Morgan State in hopes that he could draw some big time attention there.

He got his weight up a little too high in college and probably didn't perform as well as he could have. He should play around 330-340 once he gets into a good diet program and workout program.

He's going to have to work on his strength, but his agility for a man his size is really strong. Plus, his vertical and broad jump numbers were really impressive.

He'll be a project, but he's a good bet with all things considered. Seems like he really wants it and he's marketing himself well. I'm pulling for him to make it.

Lonnie was a late qualifier and didn't have the SAT scores to get into some bigger programs. He did have offers from a lot of D1 schools, but picked Morgan State in hopes that he could draw some big time attention there.

He got his weight up a little too high in college and probably didn't perform as well as he could have. He should play around 330-340 once he gets into a good diet program and workout program.

He's going to have to work on his strength, but his agility for a man his size is really strong. Plus, his vertical and broad jump numbers were really impressive.

He'll be a project, but he's a good bet with all things considered. Seems like he really wants it and he's marketing himself well. I'm pulling for him to make it.

When you mentioned the weight issues I saw the Jenkins comparison right away.

Now if he can play like him.....

Yeah, his mistake was not going to prep school when he had the chance. He could have still gotten into a big time program if he had taken the Hargrave route.

Anyway, some time in the Panthers strength and conditioning program should do him a world of good. Now it's just a matter of how hard he's willing to push himself and how he takes the coaching. I would imagine that the Panthers are willing to be fairly patient with him, since they don't need him to start right away.

Archived