• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tillis: No State money for Panthers stadium

g5jamz

FYI

The Speaker of the House shall be paid an annual salary of thirty-eight thousand one hundred fifty-one dollars ($38,151) payable monthly, and an expense allowance of one thousand four hundred thirteen dollars ($1,413) per month.

Keep in mind that this compensation is usually for 1 long session and 1 short session, which is typically around 7.5 months "work" out of 2 years.

$38,151 x 2 = $76,302

$1,413 x 24 = $33,912

This doesn't include his per-diem, which for other legislators is $104 per day. It also doesn't include any lobby money or private business money.

Tillis was an executive with IBM Corporation, where he led a management consulting practice focused on the financial services industry. Tillis left IBM in 2009 to focus his attention on serving in the North Carolina House of Representatives, and leading the 2010 House Republican Caucus Campaign Committee. Prior to joining IBM in 2002, Tillis was a partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers, one of the world’s largest accounting and management consulting firms.

So you're looking at at least $110,000 for 7.5 months of "serving" NC...

So......are you telling me I can buy PSLs....then write them off as a business expense?

Ha! I suppose you can if your company approves it. I just meant that the PSLs were a cost of doing business for me personally. I didn't buy them as an investment to make money on a resell. I paid the price so I could watch my boys ball every Sunday.

I would love Charlotte to tax the fug out every inbred from the "upstate" who does anything in Charlotte. Keep your Lumina with no exhaust in the trailer park where it belongs.

One thing about the proposed food&bev tax uptown is its going to keep the hayseeds from Fort Mill, Rock Hill and even Gastonia and Concord out of our city because they can't afford the extra .02 at Hooters.

Personally, I don't mind paying a little. Better to tax a personel choice than your land.

I'm a hayseed from Tega Cay but sometimes my mail says Fort Mill. Now 'scuse me while I go fug my sister and cook some meth before I hop on the light rail without paying to go eat at Hooters uptown and run out without paying my tab. I will then poop in the nearest sh*tter and will not flush so my hayseed turds will pollute the air with foul South Carolina redneck corn sh*t odor. Me and my neighbors are having a party tonight and we are taking the mufflers off of all our cars. My '82 Le Car is gonna sound like a fuging beast when I roll up to Sonic for a burger before I put the skates on for my shift. Viva la South Cak!

Archived