• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Potential FA targets according to the Observer

BigBeezy

Cook and Canty (If he stays healthy) would be excellent pick-ups. They would would markedly lessen our need to reach for so-so DT or WR in the draft. Both would probably have a similar impact as the Olsen signing if we could get them to play anywhere near their potential. I wouldn't necessarily be girlie giddy, but I would definitely give a "Hell, yeah!"

Walker IS a better blocker. Not close. I think with our awful O-Line, A TE like Walker would be amazing. Both the run and passing game would improve a lot if he is used right. He needs to work on his hands but he has good speed and gets open a lot and can go up and catch it. Even still he's much better overall than Cook at this point.

I wouldn't mind Walker. You're right in that he's probably the better blocker but my only problem with him is that he drops a lot of balls.

I'd prefer Cook because he's a better vertical threat and a much bigger target (6-5 compared to 6-0). Both would bring a lot of value though.

Dustin Keller is another guy I wouldn't mind but he might be out of our price range.

Cook would be a great addition to this offense. I dont think TE blocking ability is a huge concern in our offense since they are really just bigger WR. Cook and Olsen would drive defenses nuts because the LB's cant cover them both effectively. Throw in our WR's and your bound to get mis-matches all game long.

Archived