• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For the married folks: How do you all manage bank accounts?

Dpantherman

Completely seperate with each of us having visibility into the other's account if we need to, but the need for that rarely arises.

Basically we divide the joint bills up based on our salaries, and after that she can spend her money any way she feels like and i can do the same.

Will never have joint accounts as i won't be put on an allowance of my own money.

Same as logic 1977.

We have seperate, albeit linked accounts. Either one of us can look at the other's account. She has a few small bills to pay, plus the majority of the household expenses (clothes, food, tp etc...). I pay the big bills (mortgage, car, electicity etc...). We contribute to a joint savings account/emergency fund.

I have separate because my wife still hasn't learned how to balance a check book. I pay for everything but the kids daycare and groceries.

People actually balance checkbooks these days? ;)

I just use bill pay, and all the bills come out of my pay on payday. That includes savings. Everythign left is weekly spending and expense money. Anything left from that before the next payday goes into savings or paying off the little bit of credit card debt we have left. I don't even have a checkbook or write any purchases down.

People actually balance checkbooks these days? ;)

WTH is a check book these days?

Nothing more annoying than being stuck behind some dinasour at the grocery store who pulls out their check book and starts writing a check after the checker is all done and waiting for payment.

Slide the damned card idiot.

And joint, everything is right at your fingertips 24/7 on your computer and on your droid.

Banking by phone ftw..

Archived