• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Look, I've never made a "Sign this guy recently cut guy" thread before but

Rags

But wishfull thinking and speculation have nothing to do with the cap. Reality is for others to worry over. We are just a couple good deals from having some money to play with. Maybe not enough to sign Bowe or Woodson. But enough money to sign Canty and/or Byrd type players.

I would love to sign players like Byrd, Woodson, Canty, etc

It is just not going to happen. We have a hard road to unwind the cap mess we have.

I would love to sign players like Byrd, Woodson, Canty, etc

It is just not going to happen. We have a hard road to unwind the cap mess we have.

This is the fundamental difference. Some see the cap as a hinderance, while others see it as easily fixable. Cut Gamble and we are even. Redo Gross and the rookies are taken care of. Maybe with some change to spare.

Redo Beast and Goodfrey and cut Nakamura and R. Edwards and we should have some money to play with. Maybe not elite type players. But we should be able to upgrade 3 maybe 4 positions through FA, and still have the draft to look forward to.

It may not all happen, or even some of it. Who knows? But if I can dream it, it can happen.

This is the fundamental difference. Some see the cap as a hinderance, while others see it as easily fixable. Cut Gamble and we are even. Redo Gross and the rookies are taken care of. Maybe with some change to spare.

Redo Beast and Goodfrey and cut Nakamura and R. Edwards and we should have some money to play with. Maybe not elite type players. But we should be able to upgrade 3 maybe 4 positions through FA, and still have the draft to look forward to.

It may not all happen, or even some of it. Who knows? But if I can dream it, it can happen.

The difference is that you really do not understand the salary cap. If you think restructuring all if those large vet contracts "fixes" the issue you truly don't. By doing so, you are doing nothing but taking the current salary cap hell and pushing it out a season or two at the most. The cap hell we are in must be fixed for long term health...not short term gain and making our situation even worse long term .

The difference is that you really do not understand the salary cap. If you think restructuring all if those large vet contracts "fixes" the issue you truly don't. By doing so, you are doing nothing but taking the current salary cap hell and pushing it out a season or two at the most. The cap hell we are in must be fixed for long term health...not short term gain and making our situation even worse long term .

I am no capologist that is for sure. But I also try and stay away from that word restructure. And I wasn't talking about all the vet contracts. Just three. Beast, Gross, and maybe Godfrey.

I said redo. As in renegotiate, or an extension. Beast should be up for that, after all, he has been paid plenty to not play. Maybe it is time for him to give back?

Gross is on the tail end of his career, does he want to go through the cut/resign route? Maybe he will redo, maybe he won't. But if we can, we take care of the rookies.

Godfrey is another thing all together. Is he worth the trouble? Redo his contract and let him stay? Cut him and move on? IMO, do a risk/reward analysis and offer him a fair contract. And hope he takes it.

Redo a couple contracts and we can have some playing around money. Along with a few cuts. Canty will be cheapish. so will a lot of players. We don't need a ton of money to be players, just enough to do 3 maybe 4 upgrades. That shouldn't be all that difficult.

tl/dr version. IF al whole lotta maybe's happen. We gonna be very good. And if just some of them happen we are gonna be good. Either way. my giddy says Gettlemen gots this.

I am no capologist that is for sure. But I also try and stay away from that word restructure. And I wasn't talking about all the vet contracts. Just three. Beast, Gross, and maybe Godfrey.

I said redo. As in renegotiate, or an extension. Beast should be up for that, after all, he has been paid plenty to not play. Maybe it is time for him to give back?

Gross is on the tail end of his career, does he want to go through the cut/resign route? Maybe he will redo, maybe he won't. But if we can, we take care of the rookies.

Godfrey is another thing all together. Is he worth the trouble? Redo his contract and let him stay? Cut him and move on? IMO, do a risk/reward analysis and offer him a fair contract. And hope he takes it.

Redo a couple contracts and we can have some playing around money. Along with a few cuts. Canty will be cheapish. so will a lot of players. We don't need a ton of money to be players, just enough to do 3 maybe 4 upgrades. That shouldn't be all that difficult.

tl/dr version. IF al whole lotta maybe's happen. We gonna be very good. And if just some of them happen we are gonna be good. Either way. my giddy says Gettlemen gots this.

Restructuring contracts just pushes the cost and hit out a few years. We are in really bad shape for several years. Pushing more out into the next few years could prove to be a really bad decision.

However, Rivera is in a win now mode. Will definitely be interesting how they balance the win-now with fixing our situation for long-term and consistent future health.

Restructuring contracts just pushes the cost and hit out a few years. We are in really bad shape for several years. Pushing more out into the next few years could prove to be a really bad decision.

However, Rivera is in a win now mode. Will definitely be interesting how they balance the win-now with fixing our situation for long-term and consistent future health.

This is going to be the craziest offseason in Panther history. (Thank Zod we have Gettlemen and not that last guy.) And not just for us, but the whole league. The comings and goings are going to be epic.

Now if we can just do this right, we set ourselves up nicely. And not just for this year, but for the future as well.

How can you not be excited for this offseason?

1319198445219.jpg

Steps to building a Super Bowl team next year:

1) Turn off injuries and salary cap.

2) Sign Mike Wallace, Dwayne Bowe, Adam Levitre, Jake Long, Sebastian Vollmer and Jarius Byrd.

3) Trade for Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Haloti Ngata, Revis and Sherman.

4) All black Uni's all the time.

5) Fire Rivera and hire Cowher or Chip Kelly.

6) Profit!!!!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

1319198445219.jpg

Steps to building a Super Bowl team next year:

1) Turn off injuries and salary cap.

2) Sign Mike Wallace, Dwayne Bowe, Adam Levitre, Jake Long, Sebastian Vollmer and Jarius Byrd.

3) Trade for Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Haloti Ngata, Revis and Sherman.

4) All black Uni's all the time.

5) Fire Rivera and hire Cowher or Chip Kelly.

6) Profit!!!!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You silly goose...everyone knows you sign the best rated players in free agency and trade them away for high draft picks, and they trade those up until you have the number one and two picks in the entire draft...duh

Archived