• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets won't happen

Zod

I also figured the influence of people like Mayor Foxx, Dell, Muggsy, would at least have some impact on the final decision. Also, Steve Martin recently responded to some fans asking about the name change and his responses definitely leave the door open, if not infer, that it will happen.

Exactly, Proudiddy. The amount of circumstantial evidence that's been piling up, coupled with the actions of the folk you just rattled off (as well as many others, many of whom had brushed the issue off prior to the past couple months) just seems like too much to ignore.

I hear "they're doing it! :D" and "they're not doing it :(" anecdotes from people on a daily basis. Literally...every, single, day. Most of them claim some unique, insider-insight. By no means am I attempting to denigrate or devalue Zod or Daddy Uncle (what a weird statement that is :D), but I just don't think anything that anyone says, with the exception of Michael himself, really amounts to much of anything at this point. Here's what we know: MJ saying 'NO' could've stopped this thing dead in it's tracks at any point in the last 3 years. But he just won't say it. Not only will he not say it, but he's letting the issue drag out. He's actually mentioning the Hornets brand BY NAME at this point. Pick any local/regional/national poll you want...it doesn't matter. The desire of the population at large is overwhelmingly clear. Mike knows this, and he knows we know this. It does him no good to show his hand at this point; there's still another team playing under the 'Hornets' banner. The odds of us hearing something before season's end were always slim, so he has no reason not play it as close to the vest as possible for the next couple months.

Obviously, I'm playing this from a 'glass-half full' angle, because of my stance in the whole thing. But this thread is the perfect example of my point...we have all the momentum, support, and passion in the world, but it all boils down to a 'he said/she said' thing until the man himself says something with some sense of finality. All that being said...I'd still be SHOCKED if they screwed this up.

I still think that the team will end up not existing at all if they keep the Bobcats name. It's been a history of nothing but terrible and no one really wants to say they're a proud Bobcats fan. At least the Hornets name has some prestige and nostalgia that goes with it. At the least a name switch would signify change to fans.

That's always been the fear, CCS, and it was the primary reason this whole little Movement got started, as far as I'm concerned.

Like I said in my last novel/post...Mike knows what he's doing. He has no reason to spill the beans yet. This is happening.

I reckon this is what 'due diligence' looks like ;)

I really don't understand people not going to games just because we are the Bobcats lol.

FYI: I am strongly for getting the Hornets back. I am still pissed that we didn't fight to keep our history like Seattle did for the SuperSonics.

Archived