• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eagles releasing Asomugha today.

Pantherman

Id give up to 3 million and year and let him play to his strengths aka one side of the field, if gamble restructures and we hold on to him for a year or two would be a pretty dman good secondary. Maybe a draft pick or someone on the roster like Thomas could step into the Nickle if we don't re-sign munnerlyn.

No we just don't have any money. We are the most cash strapped team in the NFL. That's what happens when you pay a 2-14 team like they are a 15-1 team.

Although it may be true that at the moment we are still over the cap. Barely. We still have options to not only get under, but far enough under to do some deals. The question becomes, are we a team that players want to play for?

We are going to have some money, but probably not enough to compete with some teams. But, do we need to sign every vet that hits the open market? We are still trying to figure out who we are. So we don't even know who we need.

Redoing a couple of contracts should give us some money to play with. We will just have to be picky on who we throw that money at. Personally, I trust Gettlemen to do what he can to make us better. And I don't believe he will throw money at just any FA. He will pick and choose carefully. It has been proven that bringing in a bunch of FAs does not guarantee anything.

My giddy tells me things are not as dire as most folks believe. So I am going to go with that.

Id give up to 3 million and year and let him play to his strengths aka one side of the field, if gamble restructures and we hold on to him for a year or two would be a pretty dman good secondary. Maybe a draft pick or someone on the roster like Thomas could step into the Nickle if we don't re-sign munnerlyn.

With the way this offseason is shaping up. Maybe 3mil could get the job done. He has already made a poo ton of money. Maybe he will play for less knowing he may not get much more anywhere else. This is my thinking anywho. How much does money mean to some of these guys? Some have made enough to allow them to pick where they want to play. And maybe we are a team he would take less to play for.

I can't imagine that they could afford both... could anyone?

I mean if they did, that's a minimum of 2 or 3 superbowls for them I think.

All of those high dollar CBs Philly signed sucked, you never now how things are going to work out. I could see the 9ers screwing it up by trying to be too cute with free agents.

Although it may be true that at the moment we are still over the cap. Barely. We still have options to not only get under, but far enough under to do some deals. The question becomes, are we a team that players want to play for?

We are going to have some money, but probably not enough to compete with some teams. But, do we need to sign every vet that hits the open market? We are still trying to figure out who we are. So we don't even know who we need.

Redoing a couple of contracts should give us some money to play with. We will just have to be picky on who we throw that money at. Personally, I trust Gettlemen to do what he can to make us better. And I don't believe he will throw money at just any FA. He will pick and choose carefully. It has been proven that bringing in a bunch of FAs does not guarantee anything.

My giddy tells me things are not as dire as most folks believe. So I am going to go with that.

Yea but to get that money we must create more holes and restructuring contracts only push back bad contracts to the future. A future where we will need to sign our Star QB.

Yea but to get that money we must create more holes and restructuring contracts only push back bad contracts to the future. A future where we will need to sign our Star QB.

Granted, there are precious few ways to generate the money needed to sign FAs. A lot of Huddlerz feel that you have to lose Gamble to create that money. That is not the scenario either side would hope for. (Nor would any fan that feels he can still help us.) The best scenario may come from contract relief.

IMO, it all comes down to Gamble. Will he help us with cap relief? Or will he stand pat?

If he is willing to work with us we get cap relief to help sign...

Welp, Gamble just released. So there we go.

Archived