• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ted Ginn joins the Panthers on a one-year deal

Cam2Ligit2Quit

- Pat Yasinskas

Everyone excluding Joe Adams' status on the bubble may be in for a rude awakening. He is no special than the rest of them, and I have been saying that for awhile.

Gettis, Armanti, Pilares, Adams, Ginn....plus whatever rookie and probably another vet.....

I think Smitty and LaFell are the only two sure things headed in....Ginn probably a lock for return ability. That's it. Everyone else better try to earn a spot

Either way it is a win for us. if he fails to take the #3 spot, he'll still be an upgrade in the return game.

I just wonder when the axe falls on similiar players we have on the roster. AE, Pilares, Adams. I would imagine Adams is the front runner to stay. He had some talent as a WR.

i don't know about adams talent as a receiver, at least demonstrated last year, but i think that heading into the season that AE, pilares, and gettis are all likely gone. at least two of them for sure.

Guest BlueBoyRamses_E1b1a

addition without subtraction is always good. Now, D.Will for some picks would make free agency a success for us. Nice!

i love the approach.

I imagine its the same with Mitchell, they let the Ginn know " Come here and be a KR/PR, but WR outside of Smith is up for grabs, you want to be one prove it and you may have cemented your future here. " Should help us get some interesting prospect and hopefully light a fire under everyone's asses.

i don't know about adams talent as a receiver, at least demonstrated last year, but i think that heading into the season that AE, pilares, and gettis are all likely gone. at least two of them for sure.

Unless there is some off the field stuff going on. I still think Gettis size, speed, youth and cheapness will give him a shot at the 3rd WR job.

Gettis - Pro's Good Rookie Season showed Promise

Con's Very Injury Prone

AE - Pro's When he has the ball he is an amazing talent in the open field

Con's He doesn't seem to get open enough to get the ball

Pilares - Pro's Hard runner and showed some flash in the KR game

Con's Slow and coming off injury

Adams - Pro's About the same as AE

Con's Fumblitis and was in dog house most of the season. Everyone Cringes when he touched the ball.

If you had to keep two I would Keep Gettis and Pilares

Archived