• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vacation Ideas Needed

Johnny Rockets

A little late to the party here but the wife and I stayed here http://www.vrbo.com/138289 last spring.

The owner is a very cool dude and was real flexible on his rate. Close enough to Charleston to go every day but far enough away that you dont feel like you're in Charleston.

So I am looking for some vacation ideas for Memorial weekend. My girl has a condo at Myrtle Beach and we usually go down there but it's so damn crowded with black bike week going on that we are looking to do something different this year.

Was looking at Charleston but fuggin rooms are $300+ a night if we stay in the Historical District and I am not paying that. Then I looked at Savannah which is a bit cheaper but I've never been there and would prefer something beach like. Looking at Tybee Island but I know nothing about it.

Anyone have any advice on some decent places, preferably beach areas with somewhat of a social scene that I might want to look into within a 4 hour drive or so of Charlotte?

JR, if you want to do Charleston, there is an area of hotels near Tanger Outlets in North Charleston that will be cheap, and close to every major attaction. There are so many hotels clustered here, it drives down prices. Plus, you will be walking distance to also of restaurants, bars, and shopping. This location is a nice area, and is usually overlooked by vacationers....it's located exactly at I26 and I526, so it is literally minutes to everything! In fact, here is a breakdown to travel.... to Folly Beach (20 mins), Downtown historic area (15 mins), Mt Pleasant (15 minutes), Isle of Palms beach (20 minutes), Sullivan's Island (20 mins), North Charleston Park Circle area (loaded with awesome bars, 5 minutes)

http://hotelguides.com/south-carolina/charleston-tanger-outlet-mall-sc-hotels.html

PS, you may hear people talk bad about "North Charleston". This is a really nice part of the city....the sketchy North Charleston area is further West on 26.

PM me if you have any specific questions, or if you want to send me pics of "the view of the beach! (0)(0)

Only city I've ever been to I like better than Charleston is NYC which is just the best city in the world. My list is NYC 1, Charleston 2, Boone 3 my favorite cities

Have you ever been to Chicago? Toronto? Montreal? Vegas? So many great cities in the US and Canada. I pretty much enjoy every city I go to minus New Orleans because of Saint fans.

It might not fit your tastes but I always enjoyed heading west. Chattanooga is a great place to take the kids. Nashville is pretty cool, it's not just Country. The Monmouth caves in Kentucky is pretty cool to see. I've never been a beach person so I do things differently than most. I definitely want to hit up Canton some time soon.

Archived