• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Have you ever reached a point where you were actually going to switch teams?

ThatNiggaManny

I got into football when I was young in 1992. I became a Chargers fan. My old man was a Bills fan, but I didn't want to be as we were from that area. Once the Panthers came along, I didn't drop the Chargers. Priorities may change, but the teams won't. Then what's left is either teams I hate or don't hate. I don't like anyone else.

Born and raised in NC and I'll never consisder switching teams as long as the Panthers are in my home state. The last 15 years I've lived in Tampa, Pennsylvania, and now Indianapolis......Every step along the way, I fly my Panthers flag and wear the gear. As long as they don't turn their back on me and move out of state - I'll never turn my back on them and jump ship. When I was growing up, I wished for the Carolina's to get a team and when we finally did.... I gave them my heart. I remember when Bob Christian scored our first touchdown in the hall of fame game against the Jags.....I'm a diehard fan all way.

Every single person I know is either a Cowboys, Redskins, Falcons, or Saints fan. Not a single family member or friend is a panthers fan. I've lived in 4 different states, and never once considered not being a panthers fan.

Most panther fans over the age of 40 were fans of a team before the Panthers. We all made the switch. I was an Eagle fan when I lived outside Philadelphia and now root for the Panthers living outside of Charlotte. So switching teams isn't that over the top. And there are a ton of bandwagon fans everywhere. I expect to stay a Panther fan for the rest of my days.

I was "technically" a Bengals fan at first when I was younger. Didn't really know what was going on when watching games, i just pretty much liked the uniforms (as any 6 year old would). But when the Panthers came along, I dropped Cincy and have been a Panthers fan ever since. I remember my first game I went to. Sunday night game against the Giants and it was Collin's first game back in Charlotte

Yes, in baseball. I've been a Cubs fan since about '83 and I am tired of pulling for such a monumental loser.

Thought about siding with the Braves since they're the "local" team, but man I just hate Atlanta.

I picked up the Nationals toward the end of 2011 (before their run last year) and have gone full bore into being a fan of them. Hating Atlanta and Philly makes that easy. I still love Seattle (my childhood team) but it is impossible to ever watch any of their games living in NC. At least with the Nats, I can watch them on MASN

Cubs are hopeless. I don't know how anyone can pull for them

If they move, then they instantly become public enemy #1 to me.

Before the Panthers existed, I was a Rams fan because I was born in LA (moved to NC when I was still too young to know anything, but NC didn't have a team, so the Rams it was). When they moved to StL, they dropped to the bottom of the league for me. Now, I just pity and laugh at their ineptitude.

If they move, then they instantly become public enemy #1 to me.

Before the Panthers existed, I was a Rams fan because I was born in LA (moved to NC when I was still too young to know anything, but NC didn't have a team, so the Rams it was). When they moved to StL, they dropped to the bottom of the league for me. Now, I just pity and laugh at their ineptitude.

hey same thing here except move from LA was to myrtle beach and then eventually to NC.

I have been married 16 years as of yesterday. I have casually glanced at others but never wanted to truly "switch teams".

IMO, once you make a commitment, you stick with it.

Sure, other teams have magical rides and you sit back and watch with awe. The "Greatest Show on Turf" comes to mind.

I enjoy watching football at it's highest level but I can tell you this, the Panthers and my wife have one thing in common, unless you leave me, I will never leave you.

In the words of David Gettleman, "Faith, family, football".

Panther for life.

Archived