• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Have you ever reached a point where you were actually going to switch teams?

ThatNiggaManny

I have been married 16 years as of yesterday. I have casually glanced at others but never wanted to truly "switch teams".

IMO, once you make a commitment, you stick with it.

Sure, other teams have magical rides and you sit back and watch with awe. The "Greatest Show on Turf" comes to mind.

I enjoy watching football at it's highest level but I can tell you this, the Panthers and my wife have one thing in common, unless you leave me, I will never leave you.

In the words of David Gettleman, "Faith, family, football".

Panther for life.

Spoken like a true married man ....you can look but dont touch

Been a Lions fan for over 50 years. Been a Panther fan since inception. I don't find it difficult to root for both teams. Panthers are first for the simple reason that I got to watch them from the start. Nothing like feeling a part of history. If we play the Lions, I root for the team with the most to win. So far it has worked out alright. Still hoping for that Lions/Panthers Championship Game. though.

I didn't begin really watching sports avidly until I was a teenager. The Panthers are my home team so they were always the obvious and most logical choice. The only thing that would bring me close to considering it is the team moving or management deliberately sabotaging another season like 2010 (I'm looking at you JR).

I rarely even watched football before the panthers came to be. This team made me love football more than any other sport. Been through the ups and downs with this team. Through Dom capers, Seifert , fox and now Rivera . I believe this team will turn the corner. I will admit, it was hard to watch the 2010 season but I did, even if I was drunk by halftime. *in Terrell Owens voice* this is my team lol

At one point I was pissed off during the 2010 season and I decided that I was done with the Panthers and I wanted a new team. I soon found out that it was physically and emotionally impossible for me to cheer on any other team the way I do Carolina.

Grew up loving Dallas Cowboys die hard thru the late Landry years and into the Tom Jones years I mean Jerry.. .. but shifted after Carolina Panthers came to be.. Carolina finally had a team... became hard to cheer for Dallas when we played them so I knew I had shifted teams so now I hate Dallas, Romo and his gay ass owner..If the Panthers ever leave Charlotte I will quite watching the NFL.

The way I look at it is you're not a real fan if you're not there through the tough times. I hate when people ask me how I can root for a team that sucks or they say sorry when I tell them I'm a Panthers fan. Then I ask them a couple easy questions to prove that they don't know poo about the NFL and let them know that their opinion doesn't means sh**.

I'll never understand the LA hate. I'm not in Carolina anymore and I still root for them. Logistically, don't care where they are. I'll root for this team until the end.

It judt comes out as hate but what it is is more for the city of Charlotte (and Carolinas in general) and for me, my memories here in this city. You have to remember 95% of Panther fans live in Charlotte, this is not the Steelers or Cowboys. These people wanted a team and got one. Almost everyone I have met in Charlotte was born here in the Carolinas. These people are the ones who brought the team here and JR helped. I am not one of these people, but understand my co-fans.

I wasn't a fan of the Panthers until I moved here in 99-00, I came other cities like Denver and Dallas and played a lot of football but never watched it until I came here. For me, it's the memories of this city, the Panters just belong here and this is where I prefer them.

However, I don't plan to live here all my life and when I move I will also still be rooting for them as I would if they moved to L.A. as well. But if that ever happend there would be almost zero transfers. Deep down I want them to stay just where they are in Charlotte, even though I wasn't one these homegrown fans, I can see their point. It's that feeling you get when you saw the Hornets in NO. No transfers. It just isn't right.

Archived