• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thank the stupid GM's

Blackmagic

I'm surprised that so many GM's are plain stupid. We should be thankful that we got Star, but people made a lot of stupid picks.

Jets chose Richardson when Star and Jones were on the board. Chicago panicked and could have gotten Watson or the Kentucky guard, both them are a lot better than Long. Browns and Mingo - just LOL. A lot of potential, but what a disappointing college career. He's has a high bust ratio and Dion Jordan too. He hasn't done anything in college. He was third of his team in tackles for loss. I rather pick players on their tape/play than on unfulfilled potential. (Cam had both). Even the Giants panicked with their Pugh pick. He isn't a first round player and they had a lot of holes in their defense. Jerry Jones is going to be Jerry Jones.

Lets hope that the stupidity continues.

i wouldn't call it stupidity. it's not like this draft is filled with top tier stand out players. overall most of the talent is on a pretty equal level. it boils down to which player best fits what you're looking for. for example, richardson is a better fit than star for the jets because they flat outright lack a pash rush. star isn't a pass rusher. star is a space eating run stopping double team commanding anchor...exactly what the panthers need to free up their pass rushers.

As to Jordan + Mingo, did you see Bruce Irvin play in the NFL? that's what they're trying to reenact.

Irvin is a good player, but nothing special. He produced a lot better and more in college than Jordan and Mingo. Jordan ticks off all the boxes psychically, but he didn't really produce. Mingo was an big underachiever at LSU. Why would you gamble on a player who wasted his talent in college to be reliable playmaker in the NFL? Mike Lombardi is an idiot.

Archived