• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I Feel Sorry for Mike Shula

chknwing

have you forgotten smash mouth football? You want a sexy air attack that loses in the 4th qtr. Been there done that now back to the roots.

Ah right, the roots. Never a back to back winning season, overpaid RBs and LBs, being unable to do anything once a team went up by 14. The good old days.

I can't believe how many of you guys are acting like this is the end of our team. Seriously?! "Cam Newton is going to be released..." "Gettlemen doesn't believe in Cam, he's into old man football..." Does anyone remember Gettlemen's first presser? He said we have a QB! And it's funny because all you guys wanted to shoot yourselves when we kept running the read option. Everyone was crying for a more traditional offense. Do any of you know what that entails?! A RUNNING GAME! Cam has virtually the same offense he had when he was a rookie. The only major difference is there's no Shockey. I love what we've done in the draft. All the playoff teams, the ones who made it deep, had great defenses and a power run game. They didn't have explosive playmakers on the outside. You guys are ridiculous. All of your couch GMs and Internet experts need to put down the mouse and trust in our FO. Green Bay has an offense that most of you seem to want. Look what happened to them! They got blown out in the playoffs by the running game. (I'm aware the 9ers ran the read option, but it's built off a strong running game) now the Packers went all in on the RBs this draft. Do you think they're board is melting down? To win games, you need to have a running game and defense. It appears we now have both.

Don't feel sorry for Shula. This offense is loaded with talent. We do need some pieces to ensure the future, but for the present we have a ton of offensive talent.

Loaded? As in we have a couple RBs clapping on the sidelines?

We have an aging Smith. Nothing else stands out. Smith might not soon

You guys know there wasn't a second round receiver that would be better than Lafell this season right?

Hahaha, the way some of these "experts" here talk, they make it seem like this WR class was full of future Hall of Famers.

Archived