• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Well I have to say, after watching La Renarde on the NFL top 100 I've gotten pretty excited about our LB group. We obviously have question marks about Beason, his injuries and his contract. But if all goes right we have a formidable, dangerous group of linebackers in Keek, TD, and Beason to go alone with our front four. What are your hopes and expectations for this group, as well as our back ups Klein and Blackburn?  Do you think Beason moving to the outside will be benefial to him as well as the team.

I know there are question marks about this group but things seem to be taking shape for us to have one dominant front seven.  Beason is two years removed from his achilles injury. Davis bounced back to be more than solid after his injuries. It's really a scary front seven to think about when all are healthy and productive. Thoughts?

Alexander is poised to have a breakout year, Dwan is Dee-Wan, Star will stomp some ass, KK may be better than anybody in the middle that got drafted getting to the QB then you throw in Big Money and Kraken?

Hell, if Beason, TD and Keek stay healthy...Steven Hawking can play S or CB and we would make the damn playoffs.

DEAD GIVEAWAY!!

I ate ribs wit dat dude!

oh the offseasons. stupid opinions and predictions that lead to threads.

so informative, i'm learning a whole lot from your posts. It's quite amazing. Why don't you tell me about how Beason moving to the outside will help this team win. Does it play to his strengths? How about having two leaders at the LB positions in Beason and Keek? How about the versatility of this front seven to run some 3-4 schemes?  How will TD be after a full offseason work out without having to do rehab workouts?

you are a funny guy though. very clever.

"IMO", I believe that it will only be a 'mental' issue for Beason moving to OLB. The man was an OLB at the U. He knows how to play OLB. I dont see why he wont have success there if he comes back fully healthy. If he can get over the fact that he loss his honorable "MLB" job to Luke and settle for a less prestigious position on the outside he will be fine (which i do believe). It's not a case of if he can/can't play OLB, but more him just taking and being happy at playing another position.

Don't forget Dallas (Ware, Carter, Lee) and Baltimore (Dumbervil OLB/DE, Arthur Brown, McClain, Upshaw, Suggs)

I said front 7, not LB corps.  Dallas' move to a 4-3 could very well negate Ware's talent, but even considering Ware at his most effective their D-line sucks and as a front 7 don't even come close to ours.  Lee's a good LB, but he's not as good as our worst starting LB.  Same for Carter, though I don't know if he's even proven anything in the NFL yet.

Baltimore has a good front 7, but Suggs and Ngata are the two best there and Suggs is slowing down with injuries and age.  If Suggs were in top form I'd include them.  With Upshaw not having done anything in the NFL, Brown being a rookie and unproven, McClain a proven bust, Suggs slowing down I wouldn't put them in the same category.

so informative, i'm learning a whole lot from your posts. It's quite amazing. Why don't you tell me about how Beason moving to the outside will help this team win. Does it play to his strengths? How about having two leaders at the LB positions in Beason and Keek? How about the versatility of this front seven to run some 3-4 schemes?  How will TD be after a full offseason work out without having to do rehab workouts?

you are a funny guy though. very clever.

hmmmm...you actually noticed him? he's one of the most  unsuccessful attention ***** trolls I've seen in the huddle. kind of a weak version of brooklyn bully or whatever his name is.

I said front 7, not LB corps.  Dallas' move to a 4-3 could very well negate Ware's talent, but even considering Ware at his most effective their D-line sucks and as a front 7 don't even come close to ours.  Lee's a good LB, but he's not as good as our worst starting LB.  Same for Carter, though I don't know if he's even proven anything in the NFL yet.

Baltimore has a good front 7, but Suggs and Ngata are the two best there and Suggs is slowing down with injuries and age.  If Suggs were in top form I'd include them.  With Upshaw not having done anything in the NFL, Brown being a rookie and unproven, McClain a proven bust, Suggs slowing down I wouldn't put them in the same category.

yeah, with how good alexander has looked and the way our DTs are shaping up I'd put our front seven, rotation and all, up against any.

Baltimore has a good front 7, but Suggs and Ngata are the two best there and Suggs is slowing down with injuries and age. If Suggs were in top form I'd include them. With Upshaw not having done anything in the NFL, Brown being a rookie and unproven, McClain a proven bust, Suggs slowing down I wouldn't put them in the same category.

Beason and Davis are aging and injured as well. Beason hasnnt played for two years.

Beason and Davis are aging and injured as well. Beason hasnnt played for two years.

Beason is the only one coming off of an injury, and neither one is over 30.  Davis just turned 30 but he missed a few years so his body actually has less wear and tear than others who played the same position (absent the knee of course).  TD is still explosive instinctive and looking to make impact on every play.  Keek is on another level already.  Beason will have to figure out his spot but you cant say if healthy he would be worse at run support than JA.

Archived