• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets NBA Draft News Thread

One of my main issues with Mclemore is his disappearing tendency.   We already have MKG who has a habit of disappearing on offense as well, and that's not  a good combination.  I also question his shot creating ability, yes he can shoot 3s and dunk, but what else can he do?   He would need a big to take some attention inside first to create some open looks which we currently don't really have, and I think should be a focus on in this draft.  

WTF are you talking about?

MKG disappeared because he can't shoot and they weren't running plays for him. Mclemore is a different players totally from MKG. Actually they would make a pretty good combination together.

Still think Oladipo is the best player in the draft and it's not close. He can drive, create his own shot, plays great defense. Plays with a ton of hustle and energy. His outside shot improved dramatically over the course of the NCAA season. He's the perfect NBA 2 guard. Pair him with MKG and Kemba and that's one tough defensive backcourt with a ton of athleticism. I'm not worried about the scoring because I think Kemba has improved his outside shot each season, plus MKG will improve some what with his shot consistency. Oladipo improved enough with his shot over the NCAA season that I wouldn't be worried about his outside shot either. 

I don't see MKG as a shooter, but a good outside threat at SG will open some lanes

for him to get to the basket.

We need scorers and rebounders, so while we probably won't get a superstar in this draft,

we need to make sure we do get someone who can help the team.  It can't be that hard at

the 4th pick, can it?

I don't see MKG as a shooter, but a good outside threat at SG will open some lanes

for him to get to the basket.

We need scorers and rebounders, so while we probably won't get a superstar in this draft,

we need to make sure we do get someone who can help the team.  It can't be that hard at

the 4th pick, can it?

Shabazz will be a superstar.

I was listening to an interview where they were discussing Shabazz. The bad teammate is there...but it is mostly bc he is a "black hole" in a offense where he will dominate the ball and is not an elite scorer.

Hmmm...ill pass

Basketball IQ is needing an upgrade for the Hornets n shabazz has a low amout of it. Great size skill combo but the maturity to put it together looks to be for the next team after his rookie deal is done.

Wow, Minny wants Oladipo?

I'll wait till draft day to decide the trade. If McLemore is gone by 4, the trade is a no brainer. If McLemore is there, you take him.

At 9, I think Alex Len might be gone already. But, that's a great spot to take Shabazz if he's there.

PG: Kemba

SG: Shabazz

SF: Kidd-Gilchrist / Taylor

PF: Derrick Williams

C  : Bismack

Archived