• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets NBA Draft News Thread

I'd rather take Oladipo if he's there, over the 9th and 26th pick. Even if they added in Derrick Williams, I'd still turn that poo down. Make that a first rounder next year that's unprotected and we got a deal though. The 9th, 2014 first rounder and Williams. 

I'd rather take Oladipo if he's there, over the 9th and 26th pick. Even if they added in Derrick Williams, I'd still turn that poo down. Make that a first rounder next year that's unprotected and we got a deal though. The 9th, 2014 first rounder and Williams. 

I'd take that in a heartbeat, pick a play like Zeller at nine, and get a first next year "thank you may I have another". 

Williams is a solid player... with the 26th pick, you're not going to find a player better than Derrick Williams.

He can play and guard three different positions and averaged 12.0 points per game on 43% (5.5 rebounds)... compare that to Gordon (40%), Mullens (38%), Thomas (35%), Adrien (42%), Diop (29%)... We could definitely find a place for him on the roster.

And you also mentioned that you gave us a 2% of trading down, well for that being the case... we sure interviewed a lot of mid-tier players. If a good opportunity presents itself, I wouldn't be surprised to see Charlotte move down.

Williams, the 9th, and a future protected first would get it done. Some people might say that is an over payment by Minnesota, but they want to get rid of Williams so they can re-sign Pekovic and Love (when it comes time).

Williams is a solid player... with the 26th pick, you're not going to find a player better than Derrick Williams.

He can play and guard three different positions and averaged 12.0 points per game on 43% (5.5 rebounds)... compare that to Gordon (40%), Mullens (38%), Thomas (35%), Adrien (42%), Diop (29%)... We could definitely find a place for him on the roster.

And you also mentioned that you gave us a 2% of trading down, well for that being the case... we sure interviewed a lot of mid-tier players. If a good opportunity presents itself, I wouldn't be surprised to see Charlotte move down.

Williams, the 9th, and a future protected first would get it done. Some people might say that is an over payment by Minnesota, but they want to get rid of Williams so they can re-sign Pekovic and Love (when it comes time).

I'd have to agree that Williams, plus a 9th and a future first would be a good deal for us to take, especially if that future first is in next year's draft. I think the deal would even be possible with just Williams and a 9th, but an extra pick would be a great asset. 

For me, trading back is more likely if we re-sign Henderson. With Henderson on the roster we'd be unlikely to take McLemore or Oladipo because we'd be set with Henderson starting at SG. So even if the deal was just Williams and their 9th, then I think that would be a good scenario for us because Williams backing up or pushing for the starting role with MKG would be a good combination at SF, and by having another very talented SF it would help push MKG to develop otherwise he could lose his role, and equally having MKG would help push Williams to improve. Also by trading back it would allow us to grab a big man like Zeller or Len. 

I think trading back is certainly an attractive option if we re-sign Henderson. But if we don't re-sign Henderson then I think grabbing McLemore would be the ideal pick, and if he's gone (i.e. if someone trades up to get him, or the Magic take him instead of Burke), then Oladipo would be a good alternative. Personally I'd rather us keep Henderson and go for a Williams/Zeller combination type deal, but if we get McLemore he'd be an excellent player to pair with Kemba. 

• 3 weeks later...

News will start picking up as we get closer to draft day, but a few new tidbits have come out that I put in the OP.

i hope so, i read some where that they have yet to workout anyone out. my top 3 would be McLenmore, Len, and Bennett. this team needs scorers bad.

Reports are the Porter will not make it out of the top 3, hence why he has refused to workout for any other teams but Cavs, Magic, Wiz.  I like Porter's game alot, but he is the only guy that really doesn't make sense positionally if we resign Gerald Henderson.

I think our draft board looks like this:

1. Noel

2. McLemore

3. Bennett

4. Oladipo

5. Len

6. Porter

7. Burke

8. Zeller

I'm still on the Bennett bandwagon and think he is going to be our pick as long as Orlando doesn't take him at #2.

Reports are the Porter will not make it out of the top 3, hence why he has refused to workout for any other teams but Cavs, Magic, Wiz. I like Porter's game alot, but he is the only guy that really doesn't make sense positionally if we resign Gerald Henderson.

1. Noel

2. McLemore

3. Bennett

4. Oladipo

5. Len

6. Porter

7. Burke

8. Zeller

I'm still on the Bennett bandwagon and think he is going to be our pick as long as Orlando doesn't take him at #2.

Why am I having such a hard time getting excited about Bennett?

Plz someone pretend like you are his agent and sell me on this undersized PF. If we draft him I want to become a blind homer and swear he is Larry Johnson redux. But I can't get there yet.

Reports are the Porter will not make it out of the top 3, hence why he has refused to workout for any other teams but Cavs, Magic, Wiz. I like Porter's game alot, but he is the only guy that really doesn't make sense positionally if we resign Gerald Henderson.

1. Noel

2. McLemore

3. Bennett

4. Oladipo

5. Len

6. Porter

7. Burke

8. Zeller

I think our draft board looks more like this:

(1) Noel

(2) McLemore

(3) Len

(4) Bennett

(5) Oladipo

Archived