• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Redskin fan logic

SCP

Having a really good 40 time has about as much to do with being a great NFL QB as having a famous last name has to do with being a great NASCAR driver.

Bingo. That's the reason I OPed this thread. The logic of using a 40 time to prove that one QB is better than another QB is frigging stupid.

Damm, I was just going to say something clever and witty about how, um, uninformed it looks to use 40 times to compare QBs. Like, it may hold a factor, but it is far from being the only qualifier. Get it?

I could say, the guy that can turn left the best, is the greatest driver of them all. Does that mean I know more NASCAR than he knows NFL? I probably know more football than him, he knows racin'. I would say it looks like a draw, and call it a day.

Oh, and I too happen to enjoy the occasional BJ. And by occasional I really mean, never gonna happen. After over 20 years of marriage. I'm tickled pink if she even touches it.

And GOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why hello there. I'm amused why you all would even care enough to even discuss some NASCAR drivers thoughts on a NFL QB. However, unless somebody has posted the link to the interview, those words may have been taken out of context. I'm not sure Dale, JR thinks that RGIII is better than Cam because he runs faster. If he actually believes that, than he's a idiot.

I agree with Dale that RGIII is better than Cam, but most of it deals with things outside of physical traits. His intelligence, ability to read defenses, and his accuracy are the things that separate RGIII and Cam in my opinion.

However, unlike many fans, I'm not ready to crown RGIII as some savior quite yet. For one, it's only been one year. Secondly, he has to demostrate he can be smart with his decisions to slide instead of gaining that extra yard. Thirdly, we'll see how he adjusts to the defenses that have more game film on him. I always said that normally  you'll know after about 3 years if a QB is going to be the guy or not. There are situations like Eli and Brees that worked a bit differently, but had those guys not been 1st round picks, they would have never kept their job long enough to make it.

Why hello there. I'm amused why you all would even care enough to even discuss some NASCAR drivers thoughts on a NFL QB. However, unless somebody has posted the link to the interview, those words may have been taken out of context. I'm not sure Dale, JR thinks that RGIII is better than Cam because he runs faster. If he actually believes that, than he's a idiot.

I agree with Dale that RGIII is better than Cam, but most of it deals with things outside of physical traits. His intelligence, ability to read defenses, and his accuracy are the things that separate RGIII and Cam in my opinion.

However, unlike many fans, I'm not ready to crown RGIII as some savior quite yet. For one, it's only been one year. Secondly, he has to demostrate he can be smart with his decisions to slide instead of gaining that extra yard. Thirdly, we'll see how he adjusts to the defenses that have more game film on him. I always said that normally  you'll know after about 3 years if a QB is going to be the guy or not. There are situations like Eli and Brees that worked a bit differently, but had those guys not been 1st round picks, they would have never kept their job long enough to make it.

I appreciate you posting here as a Redskins fans. I really do.

However, why did you even bother with this nonsense (the bolded portion)?

A word of advice: If you're going to post here; post like  you actually know your own player, as well as the other teams; otherwise you only come off like an intrusive troll (no disrespect meant). What you said is laughable. 

RG3 has not demonstrated so far that he's an INTELLIGENT POCKET QB. No sir-ee.

At this stage, he plays in a gimmick, trick laden, quick throw, short route, motion, run intensive offense, where he rarely has to sit back in the pocket and make multiple reads, like Cam does. I've seen several Redskins fans, complain and worry about this (RG3's development; especially before he  blew up with the media, and during, after training camp when fellow rookie Cousins reportedly outplayed him). This is why the staple of the Redskins offense, is to trick and fool people (when RG3 is not making his one/zone read). He's not a good pocket, downfield QB at this stage. It's why RG3's receivers are usually so wide open when he actually throws down field. It's all the trickery, motion and mis-direction The Redskins run. Hey, Credit the Shanahan's, Morris and RG3! I'm not hating. Good for him!

Ironically, RG3 is not even a more intelligent runner than Cam. So this whole "intelligence" thing is a Made Up Media Meme. How intelligent was RG3 to pout, insist he play and to knock his back up ("I give the team the best chance to win), when he knew he was playing on one bad knee his last playoff game? That was both selfish and stupid! Plus RG3 runs like a Sprinter, Wildman. Cam on the contrary, is a very intelligent runner (despite his enormous size, shiftyness/elusiveness and speed), who knows when to get down. 

You also know, the Redskins ran more than they threw in 2012? So you can make the argument that the Redskins had a RUN FIRST offense, which they relied on first, that RG3 and defenses reacted to. What does that say about RG3's pocket prowness??

Let's be real here: RG3 has not come close to having the responsibility as a QB that Cam (or even Luck and Tannehill) had to carry into their rookie and second seasons. So his stats mean jack (compared to them), and don't seamlessly correlate as you wish. 

If RG3 played on the Panthers, I'm not sure if they would have won 3 games. I say this, because RG3 would have been asked to do too much. And based off of what I've seen from him in DC (he's not a pocket, multiple read QB or a smart, durable runner), I'm not sure he could handle that, or stay on the field/upright even.    

Please come back when you have a relevant analysis, critique or something meaningful to say. 

LOL. just leave dude you will get torn to shreds here.

Mr. "One-read, check-down prince" RG3. That might be the nicest comment you will find here.

Guest HelloWorld

With Dale Jr's logic, this guy would be the greatest QB of all time

Oscar-Pistorius-002.jpg

This guy would murder the competition.

LOL. just leave dude you will get torn to shreds here.

Mr. "One-read, check-down prince" RG3. That might be the nicest comment you will find here.

i wouldn't even go so far as to say he checked it down much because that would imply that he went through a progression, didn't like what he saw, and dumped it off.

the entire offense was designed around getting the ball out of his hands as fast as possible.  admittedly i'm not a professional but i saw a lot of one read concepts in washington's offense.  the notion that he's sitting back there in the pocket picking apart defenses like brady is ESPN bullshit.

i wouldn't even go so far as to say he checked it down much because that would imply that he went through a progression, didn't like what he saw, and dumped it off.

the entire offense was designed around getting the ball out of his hands as fast as possible.  admittedly i'm not a professional but i saw a lot of one read concepts in washington's offense.  the notion that he's sitting back there in the pocket picking apart defenses like brady is ESPN bullshit.

Amen Sir!!

You haven't been watching much. First off, he doesn't have the type of offensive line that he can sit back in the pocket like Brady or Manning. Not even close to that kind of OL. (our RT rated as the worst in the NFL last year) Secondly, here are a few plays I can gather where you can see him going over the reads. You can see his head turning. The last one in particular because Santana Moss is a third option on the squad last year.

robert-griffin-iii-gif.gif

skins1.gif

RGIII5.gif

RGIII1.gif

You haven't been watching much. First off, he doesn't have the type of offensive line that he can sit back in the pocket like Brady or Manning. Not even close to that kind of OL. (our RT rated as the worst in the NFL last year) Secondly, here are a few plays I can gather where you can see him going over the reads. You can see his head turning. The last one in particular because Santana Moss is a third option on the squad last year.

robert-griffin-iii-gif.gif

skins1.gif

RGIII5.gif

RGIII1.gif

Once again, I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful. However, you appear to be such an idiot, troll Noob, that you don't even realize your video is actually supporting our point/s. SMH 

RG3 faked a hand off to Morris and threw to spot/wide open receiver on the field. That's what I see on in all three videos (I guess you added another). 

It's clear to see, you really don't know football, passing, RG3, or what we're discussing. Lol

And even if you could find 1, 2, or three legitimate plays on video (which I'm sure you'll look for now), it doesn't mean that it would constitute the majority of RG3's sequences or ability last year. 

We all know he rode Albert Morris, and all the trickery that the Shanahan's based off of it, if they didn't try to get the ball out of his hands in a nanosecond. And when RG3 did throw downfield, he threw to a spot on the field (usually in motion or play action), where the receiver was designed to be, and usually that receiver was QUITE OPEN. 

No one is saying RG3 is not an accurate thrower. He is, especially in a vacuum or throwing to a spot on the field. Unfortunately that's only part of the job. Most of true Quarterbacking takes place in the head. What we're saying is: He doesn't stand tall, composed, and read defenses, make many decisions while he's in the pocket (or show that ability, even if the Redskin offensive line wasn't as good as you say it is). Due to this (at least at this stage of his career), he needs to be carefully managed, propped up and protected (which he was), to hide this major weakness. 

Respectively: Please quit while you are behind, cause you obviously are quite blind.

Simply stated: You're a bit out of your depth here, that your juvenile RG3 fanboy-ism obviously can't save you from. 

PS: Please stop with your videos. You're slowing down some of our browsers, while we multi-task or play other videos. 

Archived