• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers will have $10 million in cap space on June 2nd

PantherFeez

Didn't Cam sign a 4 year rookie contract? This is will only be year 3.

Just threw up examples of future spending that we will face. We could see cam's 5th year option, we could see a franchise on hardy, a lot of FA's next year too (~20). But point is even though there's $10M available, there's a lot of money issues in our near future

$10 mil isn't enuff for what we have to do over the next 3 years.  Gettleman knows this (unlike our most favorite predecessor) and will act accordingly.  I have no reason to-date to doubt that Dave is smarter than your average bear.  Roll the $10 mil or use it prudently while continuing to cut and restructure the shlt that is so that we can keep Kraken, Kam and Keek.

My only "out-of-left-field" thought is....if Frank Alexander shows his ass this year...could Hardy become a hard negotiation?  I love the sea monster but Frank makes me think we could have some room for negotiation if Greg wants to get greedy.

Don't get me wrong...I want Greg to be a Panther for life, but I don't ever want to see us give out CJ $ ever again unless it is obvious to Helen Keller.

Archived