• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hottest first pitch ever.

Darth Biscuit

I thought Japan liked us.

:unsure:

It's a bit of a mixed bag,  it's something you could better understand if you understood japanese traditions regarding war, their defeat in WW2 is seen by them as a great shame on the entire country and our being there is nothing more then a reminder of that shame. plus the fact that we have completely neutered them militarily speaking, and deposed their emperor(the imperial family is generally still well like and respected in Japan).

But with that said we are now the main thing standing between them and the Chinese and North Korea(both Hate Japan), so I guess you could say they like us for that.(South Korea doesnt like japan either but they wont do anything because of us).  but to understand the fact that there is a general distain by the populace you only need look no further then japanese pop culture, for example TV shows, anime, comic books(manga), in all forms of media when the US is used its solely as an evil imperialistic government, which is kinda funny when you consider the reason we are in Japan to begin with so the whole irony is not lost on me in this.

With that said I think we are more well liked with the younger generation, as time continues relations will continue to improve with each generation to come, think in 1950 Japan was disgusted with our being in their country and today they kinda know why we're here and kinda tolerate it.  

I have never considered putting someone on ignore until I just read this ridiculousness.

I'm surprised I read this...I don't have you on ignore, but I do usually pass right by your bullshit posts!!!!! :cool:

Archived