• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SI NFC South Preview

captfluoro

That Week 11 loss against The Bucs hurt so much. We had that game in the basket, and then our offense went on vacation and our defense gassed. Words could not describe how pissed off I was after that game.

I was at that game as well sitting in the endzone about 6 rows back.  There was a Falcons fan of which I believed to be a player's significant other.  Anyway, she was screaming the entire first quarter and was extremely annoying.  When we started spanking the Buc's ass, she shut up.  But then, the Panthers blow the game and she is right back at it more obnoxious than ever.  Man I really hate the walk of shame after a home loss. 

As for our record this year, every time I look at the schedule, I see 10-6 written all over it.

Everyones says the same damn thing- "Atlanta has the division but NO can challenge because they have Payton coming back". Doesn't everyone get sick of writing the same damn blabber?

We can ignore the fact that Atlanta's pass rush is bad and the defense as a whole is suspect. And we can ALSO ignore the fact that the Saints had the worst statistic season as a defense, ever. The Saints are getting a head coach back, sure, but they're switching they're switching their base defense as well and I don't think they have the pieces to do so.

I wouldn't be surprised if us and Tampa were 1 and 2 in the division next season, it isn't all that far fetched, yet EVERY writer takes the safe, pu**y route and goes with "Atlanta , then NO because of Payton yet if everything in the world goes right with the other two teams, they can compete." Grow some balls writers. Damn.

Don't take it personally. It's all about winning. The Saints are closer removed from a winning season than us. Since they have most of the same pieces and their coach back, it makes sense to see how they can easily pull it together. We on the other hand have had most of the same pieces and still cannot manage a winning season. Until we prove that we can win games CONSISTENTLY and when it matters, no one is gonna take us serious.

Don't take it personally. It's all about winning. The Saints are closer removed from a winning season than us. Since they have most of the same pieces and their coach back, it makes sense to see how they can easily pull it together. We on the other hand have had most of the same pieces and still cannot manage a winning season. Until we prove that we can win games CONSISTENTLY and when it matters, no one is gonna take us serious.

Far be it for me to step in to your conversation but it didnt sound like he was taking it "personally". Im not sure what you were trying to say with that post. Do you really think Atl and the Aints arent going to take us seriously? Plenty of people take us seriously its just that there A LOT of dudes out there repeating the same thing that one dumb ass says . . SO. .  its the dumb asses that dont take us seriously. Im fine with that, its their credibility to lose. If they want to be known as jackasses, let em. Ive seen many people talking about the Panthers on the playoff bubble. That in itself says some of the media takes us seriously. They always site that this is one of the, if not, THE toughest division. There's a lot of extremes in your post up there man. Take a look at that beastly roster, cross your fingers for the coaches, and have some confidence.

Everyones says the same damn thing- "Atlanta has the division but NO can challenge because they have Payton coming back". Doesn't everyone get sick of writing the same damn blabber?

We can ignore the fact that Atlanta's pass rush is bad and the defense as a whole is suspect. And we can ALSO ignore the fact that the Saints had the worst statistic season as a defense, ever. The Saints are getting a head coach back, sure, but they're switching they're switching their base defense as well and I don't think they have the pieces to do so.

I wouldn't be surprised if us and Tampa were 1 and 2 in the division next season, it isn't all that far fetched, yet EVERY writer takes the safe, pu**y route and goes with "Atlanta , then NO because of Payton yet if everything in the world goes right with the other two teams, they can compete." Grow some balls writers. Damn.

I agrre with you on the saints but I think it would be hard not to pick the falcons whoever you are.

Far be it for me to step in to your conversation but it didnt sound like he was taking it "personally". Im not sure what you were trying to say with that post. Do you really think Atl and the Aints arent going to take us seriously? Plenty of people take us seriously its just that there A LOT of dudes out there repeating the same thing that one dumb ass says . . SO. .  its the dumb asses that dont take us seriously. Im fine with that, its their credibility to lose. If they want to be known as jackasses, let em. Ive seen many people talking about the Panthers on the playoff bubble. That in itself says some of the media takes us seriously. They always site that this is one of the, if not, THE toughest division. There's a lot of extremes in your post up there man. Take a look at that beastly roster, cross your fingers for the coaches, and have some confidence.

No, it's not the dumb asses that don't take us seriously. Any non-homer can see that all we have at this point is potential. Would you rank a proven entity over potential? No, so until the season starts and we start winning, we cannot keep complaining about rankings etc.

No, it's not the dumb asses that don't take us seriously. Any non-homer can see that all we have at this point is potential. Would you rank a proven entity over potential? No, so until the season starts and we start winning, we cannot keep complaining about rankings etc.

I dont flow that way my friend. I calculate odds given as much data as I can find and I see teams VERY fuggin worried about playing us. I see talent up and down the roster, a solid playbook, guys coming back healthy, and some iffy coaches. Yep we may go under 8-8 but if we lose those games it will be close. . . like last year. "WE" arent complaining about ranking, you and many others seem to be though. Why are you worried about what jackasses think?

I was at that game with a group of friends.  It was such an unbelievable collapse I could only laugh. 

I went to it too... I was just kind of emotionless on the walk back out the stadium and just slept most of the way on the ride back and didn't say much of anything.

I fuged up and got cocky during the game.  I knew blowing leads had pretty much become our thing, but with 4-5 minutes left in the 4th and up by 11?  Lol I thought for sure there wasn't a way we could choke that hard.

Well, goes without saying I was fuging wrong.  And then we give up a TD on the opening fuging drive of OT after shutting their offense down all day for the most part.

Yep, I was pissed.  Then me and my girl split up about a week after that.

I can't believe this guy is dissing our OLB's as one of our weaknesses.  Because 2 backup LB's got away?  Now, I liked them both & was sorry to see them go, don't get me wrong.  But you can't discount TD who'll be in his 2nd year back from major injury after not missing any games the 1st year.  Until we see him in a game, there may be ??'s about Beason.  But no one can say that he isn't working to be back to full strength.  With Luke in the middle, we will be one amazing dominating unit.

And Josh Norman breaking out??  Sorry, I see Josh Thomas breaking out first.

NO will be in the contender talk while Brees is there.  They even were last year in preseason despite Payton sitting.  Talk is talk, I don't care.  Show them on the field and in the W column how wrong they are.

I was at that game as well sitting in the endzone about 6 rows back. There was a Falcons fan of which I believed to be a player's significant other. Anyway, she was screaming the entire first quarter and was extremely annoying. When we started spanking the Buc's ass, she shut up. But then, the Panthers blow the game and she is right back at it more obnoxious than ever. Man I really hate the walk of shame after a home loss.

As for our record this year, every time I look at the schedule, I see 10-6 written all over it.

The walk of shame at BofA is the worst because there are always so many opposing fans. Or assclowns wearing Steeler poo to a Panthers/Bucs game.

Ouch. I couldn't imagine attending a collapse like that. It was painful enough to watch it at the bar with a bunch of Buc fans. What else could you do? I laughed too.

That game was part of my brother's bachelor party.  My cousin, myself and two of his friends surprised him with the trip.  It was our first trip back to the stadium, at least for a game since our family moved to Tampa in '96 for our father's job.  We despise everything about Tampa and his friends were both Bucs fans.  It was so unbelievably heartbreaking.

Archived