• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

the steve smith post

nickzz

In 2008, the Panthers had 414 pass attempts, but only 352 in the games Smith played. That means (since he had 1,421 receiving yards) he averaged an absurd 4.04 Yds/TPA! Consider that last year, Megatron had 1,964 receiving yards on 740 team pass attempts.

The fact is no other receiver has come close to the Triple Crown since Smitty. Not Larry, Megatron, Green, Julio, etc. Smith obliterated secondaries 2004-2009. It didn't matter if he was double or triple teamed, he owned defensive backs of all calibers in a run dominant system. 3,000 yards and 25 touchdowns more, and he'll get in. If not, who cares? His jersey will be retired and he'll have a statue dedicated in his memory. The legend of 89 continues...

hopefully not in his memory!! How about in his honor.....

That was a great read, what the writer wrote I've been telling people for a long time. And what's so true about it QB Steve Young brings same thing up whenever he does a game for the panthers and he always talks about how he wished he had S.Smith on his teams because he never seen a WR who was 5'9 play like he was 6 ft and just dominate people the way he did. When the day comes when 89 is no longer on the field on Sundays I'm truly going to miss him.

Ring of fame is one thing, statue is another and............ HOF is something completely different.

I will say this.......... no one and I mean no one, should ever wear 89 after Smitty hangs them up.

If Sam Mills got a mother##$#$## statue then Steve Smith better get one.

Smith will play 3 or maybe even 4 more years.  His legend with this fan base will only grow and if we can get him a ring (or two).  He will be our first true Canton inductee and he will get his wish and get to spend as many years as he wants as an analyst/broadcaster/radio/TV personality and one hell of a dad/husband along the way.

Steve Smith may not be the GOAT right now, but he can make it into the top 5 if Shula and company can pull this ship together with Cam at the helm.

I can see it, I can feel it, I can say it. 

If the world ended tomorrow, Steve Smith would be the greatest Panther of all time.

If the world ends in 5 years, Steve Smith will be Canton bound.

Carolina Panthers

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) --

Head Coach- Steve Smith

Owner Jerry Richardson leaves his favorite son Steve Smith half of the Carolina Panthers and makes him head coach for life. Steve Smith said " I owe all this to the Carolina Huddle and Jasonluckydog , Zod should make Jasonluckydog a mod"

www.jasonluckydoghadadream.com

If he never wins the Superbowl, his chances are pretty low I think. If he ranks in the top 3 receivers in the league this season and maybe one more, and gets to the playoffs it will be close. I have been watching NFlL football for 30 years and Smitty is a rare, almost uncanny, athlete.

This organization is lucky to have a player like Smitty ( despite the anger management issues). The article puts Smitty's career in context based on the QB. Obviously, Delhomme had the most success. He does have a pretty good connection with Cam. I think he needs at least 3 more seasons as a starter before he considers hanging up the boots.

Archived