• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other teams' cuts

Ruff

I'm curious. Who are some o-lineman you guys are looking at that might get cut and could help this team?

I think this is a fairly rational question and based on the excitement on this board, probably deserves its own thread.

The answer of this question lies with Gettleman. I think there are going to be a handful of guys that are released because their contracts are bigger than their play and their play is comparable to someone else on the team.

We have to look at those guys and ask if they are upgrades over what we have. I think that is what you look.

Front page updated with cuts. It looks like some offensive linemen from the Lions were released. I know people on here were saying check them out, because they seem to have really good O-line depth.

The only name that stood out to me is Chris Hope. Chris is from Rock Hill, operates a charity there, and was once a very, very good safety. I believe that we could sign him and he would immediately be better than Mitchell/Campbell/Lester, whoever else.

Updated again. Shiancoe AND Streeter released from the Ravens. I think Shiancoe honestly could be a really nice fit into our offense. A nice pass-catching TE, even though he's not a great blocker. Practice squad Brandon Williams, and get Shiancoe in here to fill that #3 TE/#2 pass catching TE role.

Updated again. Shiancoe AND Streeter released from the Ravens. I think Shiancoe honestly could be a really nice fit into our offense. A nice pass-catching TE, even though he's not a great blocker. Practice squad Brandon Williams, and get Shiancoe in here to fill that #3 TE/#2 pass catching TE role.

it's been said before man. but the Patriots will snag Brandon williams up so fast when he hits the wire. They were the other team looking to sign him.

We can't risk it.

it's been said before man. but the Patriots will snag Brandon williams up so fast when he hits the wire. They were the other team looking to sign him.

We can't risk it.

It's possible, but, it depends on if you want to win now or not. Brandon Williams is not going to allow you to win right now. The guy can't block, he has only caught 1 pass, making him a liability at this point. If the Patriots want to stash him away, that's fine, but they have other players who can contribute immediately, we do not.

It's possible, but, it depends on if you want to win now or not. Brandon Williams is not going to allow you to win right now. The guy can't block, he has only caught 1 pass, making him a liability at this point. If the Patriots want to stash him away, that's fine, but they have other players who can contribute immediately, we do not.

We actually have better wr's/te's then they do in my opinion. They'd probably have Williams on the field the first few weeks and I bet he would be successful.

Archived